the making of KT

23bluboy

I think the silver but blue will do, then still the dilemma of the rear badge whether blue will do ????

have to disagree with that mate, think the blue on the insides of the badge would look ace!

Edited by Dr_Barnett

gotta be red for the VW part of the rear badge, and blue for the inside part of the badge, or vice versa. Its really up to you, you've done a great jobs so far so just stick with your instinct

gotta be red for the VW part of the rear badge, and blue for the inside part of the badge, or vice versa. Its really up to you, you've done a great jobs so far so just stick with your instinct

it's a matter of trial and error but my instinct is blue outside red inside and rear will be red outside blue inside :tongueout:

looking good, i've got to ask how did you get the plastics so shiney inside? when i spray paint it ends up all dull!

looking good, i've got to ask how did you get the plastics so shiney inside? when i spray paint it ends up all dull!

cheers, i used lacquer after painting them it protects the paint as well and gives a gloss finish, i left the car in direct sun and the paint is all good still :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

so not been here for a while but the updates have been happening, i've not done the badges yet as the weather has not been friendly so decided to tackle the interior first carried on with the red theme :thumbup:

IMG_2706.jpg?t=1348523362

out with the blue and in with the red

IMG_2665.jpg?t=1348523453

further details for the interior

IMG_2736.jpg?t=1348523314

not the best re-trimming job but it will do for now

IMG_2752.jpg?t=1348522808

excuse the late afternoon shot off iphone and the mess too lol :paperbag:

IMG_2747.jpg?t=1348522985

IMG_2743.jpg?t=1348523037

IMG_2748.jpg?t=1348522904

need to photoshop the rubbbish lol :paperbag:

IMG_2738.jpg?t=1348523183

IMG_2697.jpg?t=1348523403

not much has been happening but i could do woith some advice on the next mods i want to do so comments please before i go ahead with it pretty please

1st one, when i remove my bump strips i noticed the car has had a paint job so that leaves a bump strip line both sides, so i got some bump strips and i have gone for red :paperbag: but not put them on yet

IMG_2763.jpg?t=1349029790

2nd how do you think these will sit on a 1.0e as my fog light as the car doesn't have any, oh if anyone that photo shops can you please do them on a lupo so i can picture what it looks like cheers in advance

IMG_2779.png?t=1349029709

cambridge lights are on their way hopefully get them on over the week, much excited :clap:

do it man, be different, i love this car and the red strips will look mad, and you can change them if not to your taste

not sure on the fogs though, will be copying the DS3 imo

good work though :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the red bump strips. Stick em on with blu tack & get some pics :lol:

the red bump strips are suppose to connect the wheels together sort of my vision i will take some pics later when i get to work :paperbag:

as for the lights they will be horizontal not vertical as the DS3 plus my main lights are too weak at night :swerve: