Engine bay cleaning.

jared21

Hi, what is the best way to clean my engine bay? Like what is the safest without damaging things?

what's the best degreaser to buy and what's the steps to use it etc?

cheers, jared.

Hi there I use gunk red from halfords , put it in a spray bottle squirt it about use a brush to get in the grooves the bucket was the excess of and to get a nice ****e I use plastic and rubber car as its not greasy view my thereadfor the results hope this helps mate

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90186

• Like 1

I normally use Autoglym machine and blah blah degreaser, scrub with a paintbrush then use a tiny watering can to lightly rinse the residue away. Being careful to avoid electrical plugs and getting any water down the spark plug bores. Or you'll end up with a misfire sooner or later as they rust. I then leave it running for a bit to dry everything out

temporary-5.jpg

I normally use Autoglym machine and blah blah degreaser, scrub with a paintbrush then use a tiny watering can to lightly rinse the residue away. Being careful to avoid electrical plugs and getting any water down the spark plug bores. Or you'll end up with a misfire sooner or later as they rust. I then leave it running for a bit to dry everything out

temporary-5.jpg

wanna come do mine ? :P

ive done a bit of mine using the Gunk stuff today, still got a bit of grime on the Chassis leg, but i only spent 20 mins just seeing how it was to use!

anyone know if it would be safe to use around my diesel pump and injection lines as they are very dirty!

will be fine as you aint leaving it on for a long time, use a good brush and work in, i put gunk in container and a spray bottle, spray everywhere, and i mean everything under bonnet, plastics the works, then use brush with gunk in container and dip brush then start working away at it all over so all the crap is lifted, then hose off with a sprinkler attachment, then start car and let heat up to dry off. when dry let cool down and spray WD40 everywhere and leave for 10 minutes, now take a microfibre and wipe WD40 off, keep wiping till dry.

end up with this for not much money

Picture239.jpg

Picture249.jpg

I was using it in a spray bottle with a soft brush to agitate it a little. The engine was already warm so I was holding back a bit. I was also washing it off with a watering can as unraveling the hose was just effort. Il buy a new can of wd and give it a good going when I can :)