Perfect wheel specs for GTI

GTImattOEM+

hi,

i have had a search but cant find a definative answer. as every post seems to contradict the last one.

i am looking at fitting split rims Rs's to a gti.

the specs im looking at are 4x100 8" fronts 8.5" rears bbs rs 003 185/195 45 tyres.i dont mind rolling the arches but i dont want to take the, out of shape any more than i have to especially being alu fronts.

i really want them flush rather than poking to be honest.

whats sort of offsets would be okay as i dont currently know them. will they work?

thanks Matt

Hey dude,

You'll want to come down abit on the width's front and rear tbh.

I'm sitting on rm's 7.5j fronts et20 and 8j rears et12.( Not 100% on the offsets)

They're poking slightly and i'm running 195/45 tyres's it is very close and I have had to do arch work to get them to fit.

My front arches are too out of shape for my liking and I need to get them sorted as they just look odd.

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

Edited by looploop91

Hey dude,

You'll want to come down abit on the width's front and rear tbh.

I'm sitting on rm's 7.5j fronts et20 and 8j rears et12.( Not 100% on the offsets)

They're poking slightly and i'm running 195/45 tyres's it is very close and I have had to do arch work to get them to fit.

My front arches are too out of shape for my liking and I need to get them sorted as they just look odd.

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

thanks for the reply. car looks to be sat very nice. there. the fronts of your look like they have another 1/2 inch of movment, would that be the case or is the picture deceptive?

the rears im a bit more worried about as i think the ET will be 7 in the end. which will stick out even further than your. and yours looks about the limit of what i want to achieve.

i dont know what to do now as i like the wheels..lol

i have just used a wheel fitment calculator and im getting 7mm more poke than you up front and 11mm at the rear.

what do you think. its hard to imagine...

I need to make mine 8 on the rear... look so cool

yours looks cool tucked on air. my mate emailed me a pic of your car yesterday and said mine has to look like yours..lol

any news on the airlift set up for the gti yet? i need :)