Time to sell :(

triax

Hi guys, I hope everyone driving a Lupo is well but i've got to start a family so times up for my little beloveded car. So I was wondering how much do you think I should sell it for? (Hopefully im not violating board rules by doing this-sorry if I am)

I purchased the car from the marketplace here back in October 2007. It took my 6 months to find the right one.

Lupo GTi 1.6

Raven Blue

Leather heated seats

Sunroof

AC

Serviced in July 12

MOT till July 13

Tax till June 13

VW service history until 2010

2 new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted in July 12

Completly OEM

Alpine CD/MP3 player 4 x 60W (have still got the VW cassete player for the OEM look)

Cambelt change at 50K and 86K

The car is in great condition and is valleted once a month. Engine runs strong. One rust spot under wheel arch and a little paint bobble on the passenger door. One minor dent in rear bumper and will need some need front brakes within 3000 miles. Im taking some pictures tomorrow.

I would love to sell it back to someone who cares so when ive got an idea on price my plan is to list it on here first.

Thanks

Edited by triax

I got offered £5000 when I considered selling her but I declined as I could not find anything to compare the condition and quality!

You have got to remember raven blue is rare not like silver 10 a penny!

Raven blue is rare, 'cause no-one wanted it when they bought the cars new. Silver is common for a reason; 'cause it suits the car best!!! :thumbsup:

More seriously, I think know that the newest GTI is 7 years old, the colour is less relevant when pricing, unless of course it is concourse.

If I were looking for a GTI I would be more concerned about the condition, history and mileage than the colour.

Were did you hear that from, that's bull****, you Probly heard it from a silver Lupo owner as they can't afford a raven blue/red or grey one lol all you see for sale is silver ones, you very rarely see a raven for sale!

The raven blue is the best colour to cover up the panel defects. That's why it was chosen.

Anthracite was also used, but less successfully.

219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake.gif

If its any consolation ray I believe you. Which is why I will ask, do you not advise buying an anthracite one :(? Because that's what I want ha

I might be stupid but if I was to buy a brand new car I'd choose my colour my spec eg heated leather and it would go on order! Not just painted and sold especially with heatedleather! If ray had a grey one he would say it about the silver ones he talks crap!

The fact that it is blue doesn't add a grand+ to the asking price. Before i bought my silver gti i looked at a raven blue one and didn't think it looked as good. It also had 70,000 miles on the clock and the guy was asking for £3500.

Woooooow lucky you pete I'm just over the moon for you mate really pleased! I might go and gave a party in fact I'm going to make it an Olympic event "let's buy a common colour" just for you pete mate!

I never said it was worth that I took a deposit on mine for £5000 and had to hand the deposit back due to not being able to find a decent replacement! Thanks for the compliment pete mate really appreciate it

Can I call you best mate now?? Good old pete my mate!

IMO they're not worth that much anymore. Look at robins gti, he listed it for less than that. Its moon silver and tidy with extras! Asking for 4500 because it's blue is stupid!