power specs on an SDI ?

Soz for the delay. My first tank full only got 62mpg but I put that down to 'testing out' the remap and being heavy with my right foot a lot! I also used the car for a fast 'n' furious trip to/from Halifax with a heavy passenger which wasn't my usual laidback commute alone on A/B roads. My second tank got 68 which is about what I've been getting since I got the car last November. My next tank may be more like 70mpg or more if I have a better run on the roads - i.e without every kind of 'economical driving zapper' I've encountered this last couple of weeks (countless tractors, having to overtake them on short stretches, cars in front making me stop all the time in a 60 limit to turn right etc...it all zaps mpg...grrrr!).

So I would say don't invest in a remap if you just want to improve the mpg on an SDI because it will probably stay the same! I'm still happy myself though because the car has a fair bit extra get up 'n' go without sacrificing any fuel economy. I would actually have forgiven the remap for making it drop 5mpg or so, so I'm actually well chuffed it's stayed the same. I could never say I was disappointed with 68mpg in 'real world' driving!

No worries, it's actually quite reassuring that it doesn't sacrifice the mpg by having the remap, but gives you that extra omph regardless. The fact that it does give you that little more go (if only for hills!), and makes no sacrifice of fuel economy makes it all the more tempting for me! Something to think about certainly, especially if when i'm right foot heavy, I just about get 58mpg, 62mpg even when hooning it (i know, oxymoron in a SDI) sounds good to me!

Cheers for the info!