Re-Spray problems with GTi Spoiler - Help please

sjw.lupo

Morning All,

I've recently had to replace the high level brake light on my 05 GTi, obviously the spoiler had to come off and sadly wasn't in the best of states so needed a respray.

Anyway it's been sprayed twice now by the body shop and both times I've ended up with bubbles in the finish, they've said its common with Fibreglass parts due to the air inside working its way to the surface when the temperature changes.

Does anyone know a way around this, they've said they can't bake it obviously and that there's no way around it but I was hoping one of you guys may have had one sprayed yourselves and know a trick or a better bodyshop who can do it. I'm in the Walsall area.

Thanks

Ste

I had two GTI spoliers, mine and one I purchased to get resprayed, with bubbles in the paint which is a common fault as the moisture works it's way into the "honycomb" interior of the spoiler and then gets to the paint from the inside , causing the bubbles. Mine was always worst on sunny days as the mloister tried to escape, but reach the paint and got stopped.

I was goint to get the best one respray d, but I was told that once this has happened it will happen again as there is no rea;l way to seal it.

I therefore bought a new spoiler and got it sprayed. Been 2 years now, so am expecting it to re-appear son.

That said, BossJohn had his fixed twice under warranty. The first time it happened again, so he took it back and then I think they used a bonding kit to fit it. Last time I seen him at E38 a couple of years back, it was about 4 years since the last fix and no sign of the bubbles.

sorry to butt in but, silver, does this mean that you have a gti spoiler that you may wish to part with, bubbles and all? daughter needs one and i'm not paying £195 (trade!! haha)

No I sold them both. No scene tax included at the bargain price of:

Wait for it...

Not £100

nor £80

...but the bargain price of £20 and £25.

Hello

I'm from Aldridge, midland mars in bloxwich is a very good body shop but I think the bubbling is just one of those things due to the honey comb structure so I was told...

What colour is your 05 plate, we have a raven blue gti

silver, did you really have to tell me that....youre just gloating and its not funny really.. ha thats life as they say!