Low Exhaust

Had this issue too:

I drilled through the wheel well and heat shield, then hammerited over the fresh exposed metal, ran a long bolt thru and tightened a nut to fix it up firmly to the wheel well, then put a large jubilee clip round the exhaust pipes (with plumbers' heat mat between it and the metal to stop it vibrating and squeaking. then drilled a small hole through the jubilee clip, then tightened a nut above and below the jubilee clip to stop it moving around.

It is quite a good solution as you can adjust the height along the bolt thread to get it just at the height that you want. You may notice after that the centrebox now vibrates at low revs, this will also need a tiny bit of heatmat between the two hanging brackets at the back of the box. You have to change the heatmat every six months or so, but the whole job is far cheaper than a new exhaust or getting the pipes readjusted.

The bracket isnt visible from behind the car either so isnt notable.

Dont have any pics, but will try to get some later.

Don't be doing all this bolting through the body of the car, this means the whole exhaust will be hanging off this one bolt and will cause problems... Just go to your local custom exhaust place, they will heat the pipes and bend them up a litlle, this is what I did on my GTi

Before

07a7fc66.jpg

After

ea2c5b72.jpg