seat arosa problem :-/

hectashouse

Heyy everyone, my little arosa has just started to have a problem :-/

Theres oil in my coolent, it seems to be losing coolent and also losing a bit of oil :-/ it has a little misfire at 2,000 revs and under :-/ someone said its a head gasket but i dont have any nasty gunk in the oil and my temp gauge never goes past the middle :-/

So what does everyone think could be wrong ?

Thanks, hecta :)

:-/ awww and nope i dont think its smokes and yeah i'll take it to a garage in about 15 mins to see if they can do a compresion test :)

Anyways thank you for the help :)

I went to see a mechanic and he told me its the head gasket :-/ owell gives me time to work on her and i'll give it service aswell :P and yep its not a bad thing but i just thought it would fly up if the head gasket was gone :P

Thanks everyone :) now i can fixed my little arosa :)

The water Temperature sensor could be faulty and also will cause rough running and the appearance of water in the oil. i had the same thing on mine.

The water Temperature sensor could be faulty and also will cause rough running and the appearance of water in the oil.

Why would a faulty temp sensor cause water to get in the oil?

OP, how much oil/coolant are you losing?

Edited by Defcon5

:-/ when the coolent is on max it takes about a week for it to drop to min :-/ i only use the car roughly 3 or 4 times a week for about a 15 min to 30 mins :-/

Why would a faulty temp sensor cause water to get in the oil?

Agree. If it's a water temp sensor the only thing that would go wrong is it stops reading the temp. Oil will not even go near that sensor surely?

OP, how much oil/coolant are you losing?

A faulty sensor will throw the ecu in to confusion and cause rough running, poor starting in the mornings because its telling the ecu its warm when its not, your car will smoke/ burn oil and fuel and cause a form of condensation in the oil giving a mayonaise type of appearancee under the cap and the gauge will still read correct

have you tried the latex glove test? a simple test to see if there are hydrocarbons in the water. remove the expansion cap and stetch a latex glove over the hole if the glove expands then the tank is pressurising.

Does it overheat?

Trust me just try this £15 part before you strip the engine

I havent got any mayonaise in the oil filler cap at all :-/ and i'll try the latex glove trick :P and nope its never over heated :-/ and so you think its the temp sensor ?

Its not the temp sensor.

A faulty temp sensor does not cause you to lose a litre of oil and coolant in two hours driving. It will make it run a bit rough and a bit rich, which will cause minor issues.

If you put a glove over the top of the expansion tank obviously it will expand. The coolant system is supposed to be pressurised! Thats why it hisses when you take the cap off when the engine is warm.

If its the head gasket, at the rate you are losing fluids, either your coolant system should be full of oil, or your oil should be a sump full of goo. If not you have two seperate problems, an oil usage issue (either leak externally or internally) and a coolant leak.

• Like 1

:-/ my coolent has got a fair bit of oil in it but i got it booked in to my mechanic on monday to have the headgasket changed :) and i parked the car in my garage yesterday with newspaper on the floor under the engine and it stayed dry all day :-/ so i guess i havent got any leaks externally :-/

:) found out the head gasket was gone but also there wasnt a gasket in betweem the rocker cover and the head :-/ which explains losing oil so much :-/ but good news she'll be back on the road later today :) all done and serviced :D im a happy bunny :D thanks everyone for your help ! :) your the best fair play :)