What would I be looking at for insurance ???

Miss

What's would I be looking if I put new alloys on my car everything else is standard at the moment but one thing I do wanna do is get new wheels first

Thanks

I have to agree with the above, but just to note Direct Line added £30 to my premium when I put alloys on my Arosa.

I think they said that was for up to £1,000 value of non-performance mods so later added my lowering springs. Original parts replacement only though.

I phoned my insurance last night before my sons accident to put 15 inch alloys on my car and they are gonna charge me 99.99 but to have 14 inch won't charge me was a joke

• 2 weeks later...

Also depends on age, if you are under 25, directline have a no external mod policy, even chrome exhausts are considered a mod, they will simply refuse you. They don't appear to have an internal mod policy though as they were happy for me to fit my in-dash sat navvy etc.

If you can live without alloys (except factory), I'd recommend it, i'm only 22 and my policy is £700 a year with DL, no alloys though and having been with them before they were excellent when I was in an accident (not my fault though to be fair)

Edit: I don't think they charge any more for factory fitted alloys, so again, if you can live with VW branded alloys, I'd pick them over aftermarket alloys.

Edited by Skezza