Meguairs ultimate compound

AdamGill

Meguairs ultimate compound can be used as a swirl removal by hand or so it says has anyone ever done this by hand and are the results good ? I know the result won't be as good as using a polisher but i don't have one at the moment :(

its pretty good, but only really used with my cheap machine polisher! haha

560752_10150851054083862_800161963_n.jpg

538247_10150851060113862_536249544_n.jpg

Thats my bonnet just with a quick pass - when i get more time i'll get you a pic of my wing i cleaned up too before it rained

here's some more, i did these bits by hand :)

My wing:

375734_10150963898223862_641375932_n.jpg

488107_10150963899023862_709577992_n.jpg

422207_10150963900028862_2109152827_n.jpg

Sorry my phones a bit buggered

Here's my door/side i did a bit too!

382570_10150957355708862_559750874_n.jpg

558302_10150957357518862_847028473_n.jpg

hope it helps ya, and also, i got recomended it by a car care fan and i will try and get some swirl shots for you ;)

I use it occasionally with my rotary polisher, it cuts farilry quickly and will make a notable improvement, but it will still take me several attempts to start making a real difference. It is supposed to degrade as you use it and become a finer polish, unfortunately this happens a little too quick for my liking and you get around 30 seconds of decent cutting before it becomes too degraded to make an impact. It also tends to leave holograms with my rotary (though partly due to old pads - more on order atm), so best to have a softer and finer polish to go over it afterwards to tidy up.

For your car (black from your user description) u would get fairly good results with the megs compound first. (it will take proper effort without a rotary) followed by another workout session with autoglym ultra deep shine (polish for darker cars). then maybe top with a coat of poorboys black hole glaze which will help to fill any of the deeper swirls that you couldnt remove by hand. Then a good wax of your choice to top it all off, use a few clean microfibres or soft cloths to remove any final excess residues.

If you truly want the paint perfect, take it for a machine correction, but otherwise the above should see you ok for a while.

Good luck!

I'll machine polish my self when I can get my hands on some money when it comes to painting I have to pay a mate to polish for me cos I don't have a polisher haha but thanks for that little write up it seems more for minor swirls with how quick it degrades like you said do you use any other swirl removals ? And I usually polish with super resin should I be using the other polish I didn't know there was one for darker cars ? And heard good things about poor boys gunna try out there products

Super resin doesn't do much in all honesty. If you want something that'll give you good results on a dark car, and something that you won't have to worry about cutting too far etc, Poorboy black hole glaze is very good, fills swirls and imperfections and takes out light scratches :)

iv ttried the ultimate compoint with my G220 DA. Its 'ok'... does its job. not the most amazing product in the world but it isnt expensive and it does what it says.