wheels dont fit right!!!

megan12

i have bought some wheels from rim style for my lupo 1.4 there 4x100 7j et38 and they catch my brake pads and the rear centre caps wont fit because of the hump in the centre of the drum theres just not enough room for it to clip on! just dont understand why they dont fit when i was told they would by a wheel company!!

any pics? they might need a file down on the center and its the offset that kills ya with alloys! hope this helps, give 'em a call

thanks for the replys. i have had all 4 wheels bolted on and literally drove down the road and back but just didnt feel right at all! then i had the pads changed and just where the wheel meets the hub it hits the pad when turn the wheel, i will have to make a phone call, but is the et38 the wrong choice?

If the wheel doesn't fit over the center bore of the wheel hub don't try and drive it as they aren't safe

they do fit over the centre bore and sit on the spiggot ring fine they just over hang the hub a little and catch the brake pad

as said before, ring them before you alter them anymore, complain like hell, make up stuff like youve missed a big show because of it and what ever, might get them to sort it quicker and even throw in some compensation goodies!! :P

• 3 weeks later...