Gilly's long awaited sport!

AdamGill

Nah you still need the tracking done properly so not a waste really, though adjusting the hubs might throw it out a bit so could have done with doing them the other way round. I wouldn't worry about it too much though tbh.

Righto thanks a lot get round to it when I have some time hopefully Tuesday :)

Look out for me today guys ill be heading up north to Newcastle ! 2 n half hour journey someone's gotta spot me ! Be in the toon all day shopping at Gateshead the going to see enter shikari at the O2 academy !

• 2 weeks later...

Will be selling up early next year moving on to a 1.6 mk4 golf in flash red less thank 50k miles on a t reg just has serious lacquer peel but no issue for me :) getting it at a bargain price as its a family member just £500 :) so arosa is for sale original or as it is let me know if your intrested

• 3 weeks later...

FOR SALE ! Will post in classifieds later! 1.4mpi 120000 miles timing belt done at 112000 serviced every 6 months new lower arms recently fitted, lupo interior seats and door cards de badged bump strips removed on 14" mk2 arosa tdi alloys and Ta technic coilovers 3 month tax 6 month mot can be sold with 12 month mot if wanted it will pass no problems car is always kept clean to avoid any corrosion car can be sold as it is or reverted back original as I still own all original parts other than seats.

Can't think of anything else of top of my head.

Will take offers and may even take part ex or swap

• 1 year later...

Hello strangers. I'm back! So before I got my golf I actually crashed my little arosa long story cut short chavs smoking weed being dicks icy conditions bang. Since then I've sold the car to my friend and going to help him get it road worthy again turning it into a rat look van to carry his

Sons little crosser so that could get interesting I will get some pics when I can.

In other news I got a Saxo I'm not proud of myself but come October I will also have a lupo!! 1.4 16v non sport :( under 70k though bought from a friend £400 bargain! Planning on taking this one a little bit further (unless a sport pops up) than the arosa so watch this space!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got my lupo tonight! Proudly sat in my drive way looking sorry for it's self at the moment! Got the car for £300 in the end! But the clutch is right at the bottom I think it may be the pedal box?

Will throw some pictures up tomorrow before and after I do a few things! Got my ap coilovers to fit hopefully do that tomorrow!!!

So here it is look bad for it's self!

D27A623E-7DAB-4F90-A7E7-17C4C4BB7633_zps

5311492F-3427-423C-8478-F4CC642AA560_zps

F4B7CB63-B484-4C01-A4CD-FE27FDE07380_zps

Looking bad dodgey touch ups everywhere and faded panels bit of rust on the roof but for £300 and all It needs is paint work and a master cylinder I'm not complaining. All the work I will do myself no sweat hopefully. I got the ball rolling a bit today seen as though it's my only day off for like 3 week now!

Ap Coilovers are on

BFC5B09B-2FBF-42C2-A127-CB30B3A45679_zps

F80C659A-E8C5-4365-8FF5-0755E202070E_zps

Bit dark when I finished like.

Back lights are out de tango but how do you get the orange lense out! Do I have to melt the plastic?

Can anyone advise me some bulbs for the whole car also would be appreciated!

Oww and really happy these exist!

0DAE8402-FFF8-4C1F-96D4-538CB14C1D1C_zps

Picking up some poppers this week!

Cheers In advance for any replies!

Well clutch needs sorting out and needs a full service it's not been serviced in years! So probably flush engine and coolant ect. Think fuel filter is blocked up a bit too seems to drop revs when it's first started but then fine when you rev it

So I pick these up Saturday original vw roof bars :D

165105ED-298A-41B9-946E-94D7E96C5BE9_zps

Will come in handy next year for my camping trip and Leeds fest woop! Also pick up my popper windows tonight :) won't be fitting those straight away though they will stay off till paintwork is done.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo got the bars on finally nothing much happening working a lot trying to get other cars done and sold here it Is anyway

FDF4895D-3774-4D42-9410-F599EFC2BB8B_zps

D2923D67-0E28-438A-AA7F-3C8ABB60CAE8_zps

My camera is riddled with dust and over spray!

If anyone's interested this is my old arosa that my tattooist and good friend now owns...

6A2ADB75-1473-49E9-9864-607A5A044F4F_zps

1F066686-068E-42DC-B5FF-0AF6A73F5529_zps

C1F19AD0-CF37-4C5F-81CE-DCA440D93AB6_zps

• 3 months later...

Back again nice to see you all going wild and commenting on my build thread some great inspiration... This site is so quiet now but I still enjoy browsing through and I'm sure others do so its best I keep some post going!

So since my last Lupo above its not moved I'm actually breaking it now if anyone is interested!!

I now have a 1.4 Lupo sport at long last! Not in great condition but under 100k miles but engine and gear box is solid :) clutch slipping when cold so currently on going replacing clutch and cable as well as replacing bottom arms track rod ends and ball joints.

Trying to source a gti anti roll bar too before I rebuild all the front end. Anyway this is the picture from the ad.

C12F4B69-DB26-428E-AC9D-1EB39598FB84_zps

6E49BAB1-E084-4CB6-BBE0-6A882875E021_zps

A4E94280-7374-4166-AA32-6D1FE4B3E37D_zps

So there it is. Dodgey welded de cat pipe needs replacing and cheap ass induction kit!

After standard air box and all pipes if anyone has one. Need some new front seats thinking rx8 or mk4 golf but recoverd red/black

Is on Coilovers but I do have some brand new ap's on the other Lupo I'm going to put on.

Want rid of those dreadful multi fit wheels have some vw bottle caps to go on just need tyres!

Keep looking hopefully this wil move faster than recent projects now I have the car I want and more money due to cheaper insurance now :)

Sourced a front and rear upper strut braces be picking them up Thursday!!

Currently bidding or a rear whiteline anti roll bar on eBay and decided to purchase a new front gti anti roll bar from vw :)

Well dropping subframe the captive nuts that are in the chassis leg broke of the weld so had to cut open and get my mate to re weld it in place! So cars still in pieces! Luckily I have works van so decided I may aswell get the coilovers switched over next week well I have 6 days off coming up :)

Luckily my friends a great welder ;) but you can clearly see the car is cruddy underneath! Ill get more pictures sunday!

3DC01C90-6C69-410B-9286-74CE038E9E22_zps

• 2 weeks later...

So my 6 days consisted of losing the bid on eBay for arb Vw telling me the front arb been on back order for up to 5 week! The lad who 'sold' me the braces mistook someone else for me and sold them... Arse.

So had to build car back up as got a lovely long weekend away in the lakes from my girlfriend for my birthday :)

So clutch done everything built back up new exhaust centre pipe and flexi made up!

Started the car eventually... No throttle. Great. Crawled it to a local garage on tick over 2.5 miles away... Took for ever! 7 codes all to do with throttle body basically.

Between me and the mechanic had a good check over found a wire trapped between starter motor and bell housing! Just nipped the wires for crankshaft sensor! Soooo all top half of back of engine off to replace crank sensor! Left that with my dad today as im now back at work!

Boring updates I know but this stuff needs

To be done!!!