Lexy my red 1.4 s Lupo.

IBeef

Hey all, thought it was about time I made one of these threads. I'm afraid this will be a slow process thread as money is tight but got some plans for her nevertheless.

Bought my lupo a few weeks ago after getting tired of my old focus (102k just started to give up on life ): )

51e9b40b.jpg

So here she is on the day I picked her up, T reg, 54,000 miles, FSH, passed MOT with no advisories and so tidy for the age!

db59438d.jpg

As for mods I've only changed the head unit so far, picked it up cheap off a lad I know, cage had been destroyed so I had to buy another and the trim for the outer edge was lost too (I know it sounds stolen haha but it really isn't) bought a cage from my local car shop and fitted it last night, worked a treat and only cost me £30 all in all.

c7a93e57.jpg

Here it is fitted

ff3c6805.jpg

Finally found a trim for the outer edge on eBay so thats on order to complete it, got the bluetooth working with my iPhone 4s as well so i have handsfree calling and streaming music. Really happy with it :thumbup:

Since I've fitted the head unit the standard speakers aren't quite cutting it. So I went out today and got myself the same ones I put in my focus as they were brilliant, and some adapters.

dc834440.jpg

Going to fit them tomorrow so I'll post some pics of them fitted, might make a how to thread on it to seeing as there isn't one yet what you all think? I'll also get some more pics of the car tomorrow as well.

Edited by IBeef

Clean loop!! Glad you got the head unit working! Componants look cool, let us know how they turn out!!

Edited by Lupopo

Right tried the door speakers yesterday and the adapters were far to big and wouldn't allow the door card to sit right, but did fit and hold the speaker perfectly. So instead of taking them back I modded them at work.

Here's what they looked like this morning.

cf8ef1e2.jpg

60f00cd3.jpg

I've read that people make spacers to around 18mm so I marked them up at 18mm and ground them down.

Here's one done, you can see why it didn't fit lol.

5ea03463.jpg

And here's them both done

b122b858.jpg

The gaps in them however didn't make them feel to solid and weren't great for sound either so I decided to fill the gaps with resin.

723db40d.jpg

After they dried I Ground them flat and smooth ready for fitting tomorrow

cdfe8530.jpg

Hopefully they should fit now, the resin had made the adapter much more solid so I'm hoping it transfers sound a lot better. Updates to follow!!! (:

Edited by IBeef

small update.

Finally got my door speakers on, my adaptation to the adapters fit straight on and i had no door card clearance issues at all (:

Heres the speaker mounted before my mod (couldn't get the door card on here)

1b16f635.jpg

And heres my modded adapter mounted onto my door :)

2fa4a8f3.jpg

And finally speaker mounted on my modded adapter.

308b1b11.jpg

It all snugly fit back together and I'm a happy chappy as these have been a nightmare for one reason or another. I am however going to look at something for the rear of the speakers to protect against the weather as I know water flows through the inside of the door. Any Ideas?

BTW sorry I haven't got any more pics of the actual car, be time I finished tonight it was dark, wet and cold. The next time the sun is out ill go camera happy :cheeky:

Cheers, gonna get some more pics up of the car soon (: and yeah I know was well chuffed with it tbh. The speakers were a nightmare haha but they're done now so I'm pleased. Just ordered some moisture guard that doesn't affect the performance of the speakers for the rear of them as last night I realised that water flows freely in the form of a few drips on the inside of my door (N) Don't want the shorting out or rotting away.

Little update,

Got my waterproof but sound transparent foam for my speakers today.

151698a4.jpg

Was a bit fiddly to fit but got it on in the end (: no worry about my speakers corroding now :thumbup:

Also got the trim for my head unit

e6a7b989.jpg

All in all got a amazing head unit for £37 BARGAIN!!!!

I also managed to get some pictures of my car yesterday too, was gonna wash it but the weather had other plans :angry2:

IMG_00252.jpg

IMG_00262.jpg

Also managed to get a stubby ariel for my car too, makes it look a bit prettier :)

IMG_0027.jpg

Stil want to de badge it etc but I'm gonna wait til I've had her a while just incase.

Edited by IBeef

• 1 month later...

Hey, loving the speaker replacement... did you ever create a 'how to guide' or know if there has been one made to replace front speakers as think it could be 1 of first few things i look at doing when I finally meet up with my baby!

p.s Reds defintly the best colour!! :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...