DIN sized cubby hole?

Hey guys im new to this forum, ive got a 2001 lupo GTI which had a cassette player on the top DIN and a CD player on the lower half. I changed the top to an aftermarket headunit and the removed the bottom CD player. Ive been to the VW parts dealer and tried to order the cubby hole for the bottom half, but it never fit!!

The dealer said there was no other part which he could give me so im kinda confused, any help to what part i need??

thanks

It has to go in before the head unit as it has a lip. Also make sure you have removed the spacer which would have been between the HU and CD units.

I'll have a look at mine for the part number tonight so you can see if it's the correct part. It's also only able to go in the bottom DIN slot.

Yeah, put in before radio. You'll never get it in otherwise. Push hard as well, it's quite a tight fit but it will go in. (Y)

You need to remove it yes, but it should just lift out. I think you lift the front to disengage the notches then pull towards you.

%24(KGrHqUOKiEE6(PTc7uZBOwSOml2Ow~~60_35.JPG