Double Din Cage or Caddy or ?

Hey,

I had a stroke of G.A.S the other day and ended up buying myself a double DIN HU with DVD, Navi etc all that lot. Anyway, I've now realised that I haven't actually got a mounting cage for it, my Lupo was single DIN. Its come with some mounting sort of brackets, which I can't for the life of me work out how they'll ever go in the hole WITH the unit, they are far too big. I Changed the OEM to another single DIN, and now I'm trying to convert to Double. So while the the unit goes in the hole, it's too small. I'm trying to gauge from everyone what's the best solution:

A Universal Cage: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ca5ef1cea

A Caddy Unit: http://www.ebay.co.u...r-/270524644479

DIY: I don't know much about this stuff, but there is like a guide rail on both sides of the hole. Two screws sticking out the unit would easily guide it in... I think :\ then fastening it from the back so it was securely in place. That's probably a bit speculative I know but what do we think?

I think this unit will look great once fitted, just, it's currently in the box at the moment and I've only tested to make sure it turns on :D

Edited by Skezza

OK, ive been told in good faith that if I attach the mounting brackets to the side, it will go in.

bull**** but i'll do it for good humour, then I'll look at alternative solutions to this problem lol.

Yep, tried... failed. It's not that I can't make the mounting brackets fit, but they don't actually clip onto anything, it's just not secure. Ive bought one of those plastic caddy ideas. I guess with it being plastic if it doesn't fit first time I can... make it fit ;)