What's your Mileage on your GTI?

Dazz

Brought one of the last GTI's in 2005 and "mothballed" it, only got 1800 miles on the clock. Is this the lowest mileage on the clock??

have you got any pics of this :)

1800 miles!! That is

Brought one of the last GTI's in 2005 and "mothballed" it, only got 1800 miles on the clock. Is this the lowest mileage on the clock??

That is ridiculous!!!! I'd be keeping it in the garage for a few years if mine was as low as that.

Edited by Dazz

Mines a 2001 (51) and is approaching 133K. Still runs amazing! slight issues at the moment, needs a full service and maybe a coil pack as its missed a few times when cold has only happened twice over the last 6 months or so. nothing major tho.

Gearbox needs changing as doesnt always go into 4th. To save further damage i just miss 4th. Will sort it as soon as i see a 6 speed box available.

Sounds a lot worse than it is really! oh and its got the famouse squeek when it starts sometimes! :D

Got the car with just under 80k on the clock and use it everyday. Its been everywhere too so im more than happy with it! I know that its been looked after whilst iv had it so i dont mind having high mileage. People wory too much about mileage... if a car is well looked after it will last ages... if you thrash it round and dont look after it, it wont even reach 100k.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

mines an 03 just come up to 134.5k miles. Bought it just shy of 8 years ago with 7.5k on her. had an issue with a piston ring so had that done (was using around 4 litres of oil a week at its peak! Luckily was oil control ring on cyl 3, so had all replaced, block re-honed, sweet as new now!) My gearbox is just starting to get a bit 'chattery' on idle, have been told its wear in the two bearings on the end of the gearbox case, so saving up for a gearbox rebuild soon.

In an ideal world, I'd store this as a weekend car (which may happen soon anyway!) as I'm waiting for the up! gt to come out next year.

There is a mk4 golf ani somewhere... the bloke purchased it brand new. picked it up on a trailer and its been dry stored in his garage in an air bubble since to keep it free from condensation. Now thats commitment!

he did it as an investment as he thinks in years to come he will be able to make money on it. A lot of hard work if you ask me.... plus its a car. enjoy it.