Drivers side water leak?

As we all know we've had **** weather,

I got in my car the other day and a bit of water dripped on my foot. Theres piping/loom? above the pedals which is wet? Any ideas?

ALSO,

My car alarm went off when it was raining? Any ideas...?

The chances are they will be a build up of debri uner the scuttle panel and the water will not be able to drain away.... this happened to mine on the passanger side i had a mini pond.... the only way the water could escape was through were the heaters blow the air in.... worth a try to take a look and clear it away :)

My daughter has managed to drive through some flooded roads and the results is 6 inches of water in the passenger side of the car. I have bailed as much as I can and I am soaking up remainder with some towels. The heater is now sounding a bit dodgy, is there any way the water could have got into the system. Any ideas where the water would have got in? Where is the scuttle panel and could that be the cause of the problem, if so what do ineed to do to sort it?

After reviewing previous posts about the same problem I am convinced it is a blocked scuttle panel and also there is a drain form the heater which can be accessed via a rubber grommet in footwell.

How do you go about cleaning the drain holes in the scuttle panel?

There's also, underneath the driver side scuttle panel, a gromit hole where the cable for the bonnet catch release passes through. If that's loose water could pass through there.

Found out.what the problem was , both drain holes on either side of the scuttle panel were block so all the water coming down the windscreen was collecting in the space and the volume was so much that it got high enough to get in the the intake grill for the fan heater and flooded into the passenger side. Took off the grill 3 screws then the air intake grill Cleared the drain holes with an outer bike cable. Some water was still collected at the bottom of the air intake so I used a screwdriver to puncture a hole in the plastic to let the water drain away . Just have to dry the car out now!!!!