One Litre Motorway Driving!

my 1.4 seems to shout alot at motorway speeds so i tend to go a steady 60. but i cant go much faster anyway as bumps get unbearable and my rear arch and tyre side wall have a fight :(

I've been on the motorway 4 times and all them times I just let it trot along at a casually slow 55-60, any faster and my 1 litre just seems far too loud. need to sound deaden it but i have no idea how haha

I've been on the motorway 4 times and all them times I just let it trot along at a casually slow 55-60, any faster and my 1 litre just seems far too loud. need to sound deaden it but i have no idea how haha

I ended up sticking loooads of sound deadening in my 1L and it made a massive difference to the sound levels in the car. I went to the scrappy and took all the sound deadening material from under the carpets of random cars and stuck it in mine. Didn't cost a penny :D

Yesterday I did 400 miles, from Birmingham down to Torquay and back in a day. Decided to try giving the car a bit more after seeing this thread. Going by the sat nav I was doing 70 but by the speedo in the car it was reading 80. The car was revving like mad but got there and back no issues and it was nice to a bit faster than my regular 55/60. Fuel consumption didn't seem much different either.

I usually cruise at about 70, bit more perhaps. It's hard on the motorway not to go fast especially if I can beat someone to a parking space at work :P but then again I don't do lots of it, I mostly hit the A34. I've cruised at 80 once or twice. Never really cruised at 90. Not bothered about the sound being too loud, it's a car...

Edited by Skezza

• 2 weeks later...

My mini beast I call it lol is a 1 litre I poodle at 60 on motorways :) where as my old car I use to mess around in until me and the boyfriend (he owns a Vxr ) ended up on the same motorway and I put foot down and ooopppps I never heard the end off it so he's happier that I can't thrash it around lol :)