Dash Switch

Skezza

I have a number of blank dash switches that I guess are there in case I want to fit something retrospectively.

Now has come the time that I do. How much access is there to the rear of these switches. I know I can't make it look completely OEM, because they are just blankers, but how easy is it to fit a switch.

Importantly, the switch needs to go to the rear of the head unit.

Cheers

There's plenty room behind the switches. You just need to take out a few things to get access. You're best shout is taking the trim off that goes along past the gear stick and having a look. Once that's off you'll be able to see where to wire to get to the back of the head unit.

It straight forward, just look for screw to remove really. I'll try describe how it's done:

The very back part of the trim (behind the handbreak) pops up. Then lift up the gaitor and remove two nuts (12mm iirc). Pull the bit of trim out that's between the gear stick and handbreak. At the front end of the trim pull out the wee coin tray thing and then the trim that surround the heater controls. This will let you see a bunch of torx screws that need to be removed (t20 i think). There are also a couple more torx at either side of the trim aswell. You'll also need to remove the diagnostics to get the trim out completely and it's a right pain in the arse. There are 3 clips holding it on and you just need to try wiggle them off.

Not sure if i've described it very well but give it a shot and if you get stuck on anything just post on here :)

Thanks Pete,

Going to see if I can do it today. I was hoping to find an actual toggle switch for the dashboard but I can only find marked ones lol :( Can't find any templates for 'DIY' buttons lol! I'll just have to cut a hole in a blank or something.

Edited by Skezza