Removed the bump strips w comparison shot

LupoJoe

Took the risk and decided to remove the bump strips, I was a bit apprehensive at first as I'm not very good at things like working on cars or anything of the sort and all the guides say different things but basically all I did was.

1. Heated up the bump strips with a hairdryer but can't say it made much difference

2. Ran string along the back of the bump strip like a saw and I would say wear gloves, I have skin coming off all over my hands!

3. Once it came off just used a toffee or fudge wheel to get rid of all the glue and gave it a bit of a clean afterwards..

I think it was worth the pain though, my mate said he thinks it makes the car look lower, what do you think?

Here are some pics

IMG-20120705-00469.jpg

IMG-20120705-00477.jpg

p.png

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

did you put anything on the car before using the toffee wheel or did you guys just go straight with the wheel to car door?

only reason i'm asking is because i did a little today a little at a time, went inside for a cuppa and came back to find the other half had tried to have a go without me there secretly and bits of the toffee wheel had melted itself onto the side of the car. You can only imagine my face and the things that were said... :surprise: Rage was an understatement. Safe to say he sat in the rain with sticky remover until it was gone