how to boot build

are they not heavy then?? :P i expected them to be too large and awkward to get them out

Have you looked in the boot of a Lupo?

Unless you build it out of lead or solid gold there's no way you'd manage to make anything too heavy to lift out of there.

Your spare tyre that you want to keep in will probably weigh more than the 6 bits of MDF you'll make the entire false floor out of.

Have you looked in the boot of a Lupo?

Unless you build it out of lead or solid gold there's no way you'd manage to make anything too heavy to lift out of there.

Your spare tyre that you want to keep in will probably weigh more than the 6 bits of MDF you'll make the entire false floor out of.

point taken ;) i did say it was probably a stupid question :P anyway still need the sealant question answering :P

silly question i bet :P how would you do a boot build but leave it so you still have your spare tyre? :P and what would you recommend for sealing it?

Like mine lol, just gotta pull wood towards front of car and I have full access to spare tyre jack etc :)

And as for the air fresheners... benefits of working for Halfords last year ;)!

And anything that bonds well to Mdf to seal, glue, silicone etc :)

Should be a disclaimer on here!

*** if you do not make your box correct and the internal CUBIC VOLUME is not fit for the SUB YOU WILL BLOW YOUR SUB! OR IT WILL SOUND LIKE ****! ***

its not always as easy as making a box and sticking carpet on it!

Should be a disclaimer on here!

*** if you do not make your box correct and the internal CUBIC VOLUME is not fit for the SUB YOU WILL BLOW YOUR SUB! OR IT WILL SOUND LIKE ****! ***

its not always as easy as making a box and sticking carpet on it!

ive always thought it was harder than people said :P blister what would you do??:P

ive always thought it was harder than people said :P blister what would you do??:P

I'm in the process of doing a build at the minute and to get the right volume inside i first calculated the area of the top of the box. Then take the required volume and divide it by the area of the top of the box that you've already calculated. That will give you the height needed to get the required volume.

Edited by Pete91

To begin with I had no idea of how and what to do for a boot build, I just went off what I heard people say. I had basic tools and little money, now, I've got a boot build I'm quite chuffed with, sounds good and Sounds half decent for a first time budget job :)

7106011879_9365fb740c.jpg

DSC08836 by Adam R4, on Flickr

6851118728_97b65372f6.jpg

DSC08425 by Ralphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

6821419102_60c086eace.jpg

DSC08285 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

I really need to do a how to on this, I don't have many photos of it out of the car, my sealed box uses all of the available space under the false floor, it's something like seven inch deep and thirty inch long, basically fills the whole boot with a false floor lid, amp mounted underneath above the spare wheel, with the spare wheel in and accessible.

Adam ^_^

Edited by Adam R4

To begin with I had no idea of how and what to do for a boot build, I just went off what I heard people say. I had basic tools and little money, now, I've got a boot build I'm quite chuffed with, sounds good and Sounds half decent for a first time budget job :)

7106011879_9365fb740c.jpg

DSC08836 by Adam R4, on Flickr

6851118728_97b65372f6.jpg

DSC08425 by Ralphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

6821419102_60c086eace.jpg

DSC08285 by Ralphoto!, on Flickr

I really need to do a how to on this, I don't have many photos of it out of the car, my sealed box uses all of the available space under the false floor, it's something like seven inch deep and thirty inch long, basically fills the whole boot with a false floor lid, amp mounted underneath above the spare wheel, with the spare wheel in and accessible.

Adam ^_^

thats a tidy build mate, yeh do a how to on it :yes:

if i got yours id be happy!! ive got an idea for mine of what i want but i dunno if theyll be room time will show :)

^^ cool as ****. What volume did you manage in it though? I was originally wanting mine to sit at that height but it would mean not enough area inside for the subs. One of the problems with having two subs lol

Edited by Pete91

^^ cool as ****. What volume did you manage in it though? I was originally wanting mine to sit at that height but it would mean not enough area inside for the subs. One of the problems with having two subs lol

volume is 1.2cu ft just right for sq

• 2 weeks later...

Gunna start a boot build but got some question if someone can answer :) spare wheel situation do I need it ha can I build the sub in wheel well n just have a few cans of that tyre inflator stuff ? If not Where's the best position to place the sub ? And what's the lowest I can place it roughly

Thanks

Currently doing a boot build in my lupo,

Slick design (False floor carpeted to look standard with whole for sub cut into centre ) 10 or 12 inch

Was thinking of making a template of my design and selling them as a kit?

All you need to do is no nails it in and add a sub!

Anyone interested ?

• 1 month later...