ABS problem...

goat987

Driving along in my lupo gti when the break pedal juddered as if the abs was engaging without pressing down on the break pedal. ABS light comes on so send it to a friend whos a mechanic he reckoned it was the abs sensors. He tided up the breaks etc and the light went off and car was fine. Few days later same thing happened again with the break juddering as if the ABS was engaging. This time we replaced the sensors. No luck, lights still on! Disconnected the battery to see if the ABS needed to reset itself but still no luck. Any ideas what it could be? Read on here the pickup sensor and the master ABS controller could be the problem... Need some help!

Got similar prob on my 6n2 Polo, sometimes light on sometimes off, but when off when i break gently Abs jumps in and buzzers pedal. On the polo think the loops the same on the battery you have some fuse links, check these and also polo has 4 fuses on the side of battery, this is my prob, the contacts are not fully connecting with the fuse, when you take the fuse out you can see pitting where the contacts have arched onto fuse, if loop has same system its worth a look, as at first Vag-com told me ABS Pump was dead, then said intermittent sensor prob but its not its dodgy connections on them fuses.