The Red Breadvan

R99

Small updates...

My Recaro's will be here on Tuesday!! :)

Also, bought this CC'd slatted grille, gonna try it with the JCW front end and see what it looks like:

FF0EB13E-719D-4D89-8F18-9B91DDBBFA0F-420

Finally, another set of RCA's (CyberSpeeds) for a very reasonable £40, one was missing a centre bolt, so I rang Jerrick at MeisterR and he sorted a replacement one for another £40... So all told, a decent set of RCA's for £80 delivered to my door, result!!

These should help to reduce the camber on the rear and pull the wheel into the arch, so I can go lower on the back :)

C7463E66-9E0B-4D62-A9C5-DE2BE3310225-420

31DC677C-75CE-438E-A486-E50F24D9E1F2-420

Red grille arrived today, so I nipped out (more bloody snow!!) to test it:

4400B960-BB6E-45AC-9AE6-DCAAD6465B67-192

CB9C4229-1B55-4F77-88A6-659FAD5BE554-192

The lower grille surround from my JCW grille doesnt fit, so I think I will need to buy a lower chrome grille and get that sprayed up.

The problem I've got now though is that it doesn't look quite right with the black grille surrounds - its the grille equivalent of panda eye black headlight surrounds syndrome!

To make it work, I reckon it will need to colour code the grille surrounds - but then the danger is too much red! :(

The Trendlines are..... HERE!! :COOL:

Really happy with the condition, especially since I only paid £375 for them!! No rips, tears, burns etc - and all the bolsters are solid.

The drivers seat also has an air pump for additional lumbar support which tightens the back padding up, with a little release button that lets the air out - very cool!

Anyone got any recommendations for a cleaner that I can use on the upholstery (the red is suede / alcantara and the centre is black cloth) and any recommendations to get the black plastic spruced up too?

Just need to work out the best way of mounting them now, since the Recaro mounts are £265 for a pair!!! :eek:

I'm wondering if I can just get a garage local to me to do something custom involving the standard MINI sliding rails.... if not, it will have to be the Recaro options!

Some pics of them (no cash now until next month for the bases to fit them):

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4003.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

I like the wheels better now the mirrors match. Reckon the roof would be too much though.

Went out on a run today with some other MINI's from the North East - good day all round and the Clubman got a good reception! :)

8565180329_2fafc41a31_b.jpg

8565183253_bcd6f2c179_b.jpg

8565185845_bf9a3549a4_b.jpg

8565188625_1fc22921f5_b.jpg

8565192375_0a6ff8afb0_b.jpg

Static by jamesnathanjolly, on Flickr

Update: dropped the Recaro's off today at Will Pedley Racing in Leeds. This is the guy who's doing the work with Lee on the epic RMR Time Attack rotrex build. VERY impressive set up down there - would recommend them for anyone in the North :)

He is designing some custom seat bases for me so I can finally get them into the car!!

Also fitted the NewMINIStuff tweeter upgrade alongside the channel swap (which I had already) - WOW! what a difference :)

Focussing on the interior bits now and trying to source a LCI centre console next....

Ok, small update... bought myself some brand new Chilli Red colour line dash trims. They cost me £95, but since they retail at £220 ish from a main dealer, they are still quite a bargain! :)

381E41E6-B2F2-40BB-B51F-211BE905B2CE-707

2B66A97B-AA59-402E-921B-1FD7462ECCA8-707

Next up is the lower dash parts to be trimmed in alcantara with a red double stitch - LG Trimming is doing them next month for me.

Didn't know you were on here. Been following your progress for months on Clubman Register before I got mine!

Clubman register has no decent content really :(

MiniTorque or MotoringUnderground (US site) both have good followings.

Any info on your car mate?

I thought for a second there you meant my car had been posted... some nice cars there :)

Clubman register has no decent content really :(

MiniTorque or MotoringUnderground (US site) both have good followings.

Any info on your car mate?

Oooo ok I will check them out - new to this Mini-lark! Love your car, envious of the red!

Mine is here lol

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94678-clubman-cooper-s-replacement-for-the-lupo/