Mk1 Arosa so far

AdamGill

So had car about 4 months figured it was time to start doing a few things to get it look a little healthier sorta speak. so this is how i bought it, pretty bog standard bar roof n these beautiful trims :P i picked it up for 775 with 12 months mot n 6 months tax the car was sorta clean quite alot of imperfections scratches stone chips ect. but thankfully no rust on body work which is good to say its a 1998 that i forgot to mention

IMG_0473.png

took her on a test drive to Scarborough to see a friend

IMG_0493.jpg

so first few things i did i went and invested in some cleaning tackle! spend almost 100 on valeting stuff already its pretty enjoyable always liked tidy cars but thought was about time i got some good stuff missing out my turtle wax black box and autoglym bumper care there

124.jpg

so here it is without roof and trims looks better already personally. also de badged completely, thinking about putting big s back though

IMG_0477.jpg

i took her to college and had a go with air polisher sadly no pictures but did a good job especially after a good clean n hand polish too

decided to de bump strip

130.jpg

oww n got it lowered for free ;)

129.jpg

Got really bored other day so decided to use up some spare primer n paint

132.jpg

ended up with just enough for two wheels EPIC FAIL

so it was time for a bloody good clean starting with the bay just used a damp microfiber n some autoglym bumper care that stuff is the work of gods one of best products ive ever come by

155.jpg

then went on to clean with autoglym shampoo then dry with kent towel also a great towel and cheap bout 5 pound i think n its big then went on to use autoglym super resin results follow...

157.png

153.jpg

152.jpg

150.jpg

had a little go with black box didnt have time for full car so just did boot

149.jpg

having trouble getting some of the adhesive from bump strips ive tried autoglym tar and adhesive remover also hairdryer n card and vinegar any others i can try ? this is what im stuck with...

156.jpg

so thats the car so far please give me your thoughts positive and negatives welcome :)

Adam.

to get the crap off left from my bump strips i used a heat gun to get it all hot, dont hold it too close though, and use a little card that you use for smoothing out the white stuff when tiling (If that makes sense) that combined with the sticky stuff remover some sore thumbs to get the fiddly bits off it should be smooth ad the rest of the car :)

i will invest in some of this sticky stuff remover and yes makes sense but dont know what it is ill use a filer card like before got a edge on it like the tile thing i guess haha thank you

I use lighter fluid for sticky stuff removal, just have to make sure you give it a good polish straight away or it'll dull the paint. Nice work so far btw :D

yeah something like that, its soft so it doesnt scratch but still rubs off, just be aware that the heat from the heat gun on the paint and the rubbing will wear down the edge of the card thing so if it feels like it isnt doing much after a while swap to a different edge :)

managed to get about 80% of the left over adhesive of i got some sticky stuff remover n a mircrofibre and got rubbing just a few stale bits gunna have to go over again n ill get some pics up :) n thanks for telling me about this product :)

pics :P put them both on the same side no one will notice lol

Polishing up a fiesta after I did back arch repairs and re sprayed then today so might (if have time) go purchase some g10 compound n have a whip round my car while I have my mates polisher :P but Definatly be having a good clean today she's dirty n Koop I will get you the pictures of my wheels haha :P

So didn't get no compound to have a go with polisher but had time for a good clean n wax not took any pics of finished product yet so will tomorrow n got to say shocked but turtle wax original leaves a nice finish just hope it chases the water away haha

98665cf9.jpg

Knew she wanted a wash seen as she was peaking out n just looking at me all time ;)

So before its cheeky little clean oww and Koop pics of my wheels for you :P there cleaner now don't worry

cbc37030.jpg

57fe7666.jpg

Will have some pics tomorrow might even clean it again n wax it or is it to early to do it again haha?

And incase your intrested

4bbe5afc.jpg

This latest job I've done both rusty arches been cheered up need flatting n polishing again tbh but customer was happy enough with it :D

Ill get some cleaner pics tomorrow :)

So got the pics day after its clean n wax

2d558c25.jpg

ff5db0e4.jpg

6c0ffe81.jpg

dad711bf.jpg

Really wanna push on with some mods soon thinking about smoothing my bumpers of but them again I wanna stay original too hmm really looking around for a new interior seen as though I have the tacky printed one just want something plain really or some mk4 golf seats if anyone knows of any cheap also want some 60mm springs if anyone has any or knows of some good quality ones

Thanks

Love the red wheels reminds me of my S. Seriously put them on the same side it'll look better. Either that or hurry up & paint the other two :P What's going on with your rear wiper has it still got the innards or is that a grommet?

Yeah I saw your s was thinking about the side wall paint haha think I'm gunna do the back two another colour or go all red or all silver got loads of silver paint hanging in garage. I've not invested in a grommet yet haha wipers been of like 2-3 week to haha do you know the size of it and stuff ? I could go get one now tbh

25mm blanking grommet, £1.79 from halfrauds last time I checked. Ultimate budget mod :thumbsup:

Spend more than that in fuel going to the place to go alway to my dads to use tourqe set haha I'll go invest today he that sorted out. Hate going to halfords though always end up looking at autoglym section and adding more to my collection haha

wyc.jpg

pic from the meet i went to in my local area was a really good turn out but only spotted one other arosa mk2 red n a bonnet bra if your on here pop up and koop finally de wipered properly n may have no need to spray wheels looking at getting some ats cups wanna go get em tomorrow but the guys not emailing back :( any suggestions on budget wheels i could invest in people ?