racing on stretch tyres

Zulley

The garage will more than likely say they won't be okay, but tbh if you're going round there i wouldn't be even contemplating running small wheels and skinny tyres. Get a decent set of wheels and tyres on there and enjoy it.

Reebok intsa pumps and the knives will be a whatever has been sharpened and is in my knife draw

If you actually want to go round at a decent speed I'd personally run the 15" rims with something like 195/45 or 195/50 tyres. 13's with massive tyres (by massive I mean the height of the tyre) on will give you a lot of bounce from the tyres (although depends how fast you're going...). And the thinner the tyre (width) the less rubber you'll have on the ground = less grip.

So if you're going for a nice chilled out drive around then you'll probably be fine. But if you want to actually put some speed into it then I wouldn't use the 13 stretched tyres or even the 15 stretched for that matter

Nope, i just thought id go for the stretched look.

Don't bother then, no point sacrificing grip, safety & legality for looks alone, especially if you're going to be thrashing it round the ring

hmmm, well im off to dam before hand so it may just be a chilled out drive! i'll see how it goes, increase my speed a bit each time round. I get my coilovers at the end of the month so i'll have a play and see what size wheels i like.

I wouldn't advise as if you corner hard and not to right psi in the tyre then the bead can rip from the rim. And there a pain to keep on top of as seep air alot

Edited by shaunsprules

One thing to remember is, one reason stretch came about from is drift cars. Stretch reduces tyre roll and therefore reduces grip. Even if you had a stretched 255 it'd still slip more than that 255 tyre on the right width rim. = Sliding!

• Like 1

Iv been round the ring many times and I wouldn't advise doing it on stretch. It's a bit nerve racking when a porsche GT2 rips past you when your in a 450bhp evo track car. Nevermind in a Lupo on stretch tyres.