Mini pond in my footwell! :(

princessbubble22

First of all I hate the rain! Basically went out to the car earlier to find a lovely puddle of water on the passenger front footwell :( any ideas where it could have come from would be great, will investigate more tomorrow anyway but would be a good help if I knew where to check! Haha

I like the rain, but my car doesn't at all :( I would look under the car, check its got all the bungs and stuff underneath. check the window seals, door seals, stuff like that :)

Don't quote me on this but it could be the heater matrix. Seal gone or something. Happens commonly in Range Rover's and 306's with similar symptoms.

Unfortunately this is very possible :/

exactly the same happened to me as said look under the scuttle panel where the wipers are and you'll no doubt find one side if not both are blocked from rotten leaves ect, just break it up and it'll all come pouring out

have a look just under front speaker on the door when it's raining

the water could be coming from there

i had this trouble with mine when i first got my lupo.

What was the cure for this? Mine's just started doing this with all the recent rain and noticed it appeared from under the speaker. Blocked drainage hole?

Think were all having this problem , i experienced this yesterday, we had torrential rain, the passenger side was flooded, my boyfriend tried driving to our friends garage as he thought perhaps the heater matrix had gone as the heaters were making a very very strange noise,but the full car just fully steamed up, couldnt see a thing, as we were driving the water was just gushing n from near the floor heater. Once we discovered the car wasnt losing no coolant and the water wasnt hot we figured it was rain water (once or friend tasted the water lol) under the scuttle panel was flooded that much the rain water was just gushing through the heaters, so we just cleared the leaves n gunk and drained the mini paddling pool away and now she is all fixed. Had to use a VAX to suck up all the water as there was that much, hope it doesnt start smelling :(

• 1 year later...

Don't touch your dash just yet!

Is it on the passenger side?

Does your rear screen wash work?

Mine had a burst at the rear, but I've heard of the wash pipe coming off the front too.

The pipe runs along the N/S of the car and then up by the rear seat to the top of the boot lid.