Live wire help needed, just before i blow my brains out and push lupilu off a cliff!

Long story short, i have gone and brought a 750w Sub, for the back of my lupo tdi 1.4 and dont know where to put the live wire?

Now i have looked and looked and looked, for a place to put the live wire from the battery (that goes to the sub), I have had no luck getting through to the inside of the car via under the bonnet. ( i dont have a manual yet either )

I have unbolted 2 of the window washer nuts and for a start cant even remove the washer bottle! so i gave up with that.

I pulled some of the plastic just under the windscreen away, and all i can see is an air vent opening! so i gave up with that.

There are some chunky cables that are at the back just under the windscreen, but they are wrapped and not tubed, for a start i dont even know where they go, and also they are tightly wrapped so pushing a wire down one of them would be like trying to get a fat chick through a letterbox :tongueout: so i gave up with that.

Basically can anyone show me or tell me (a picture would be great help) where i should try and put this live wire, i have had no luck so far and these things drive me up the wall! :rant:

Also i have heard that they are always live, so would this drain my battery, and what could i do to that if thats the case, i dont really fancy wiring in a switch which i would then have to hide, could i not hook this sub up to run off the back of my stereo or something? So then it turns on/off with my stereo, that would be ideal!

Thank you to anyone who can help me out! You angles! :innocent:

it maybe a constant live.. but the Remote cable will turn the Amp on and off as your Cd player comes on and off, and im assuming power wont be used when the Amp is turned off, The remote cable will connected to the amp and Cd player

As above, the remote wire(head unit to sub, blue) will trigger the amp to use power so it won't drain the b82rez.

In the bay on the passenger side theres a rubber tube with wires inside that goes through the bulkhead... u need to cut into that and feed the live wire through, obviously dont connect to the battery until your all into the boot and ready for power. will get pictures for you in the morning.

As above, the remote wire(head unit to sub, blue) will trigger the amp to use power so it won't drain the b82rez.

In the bay on the passenger side theres a rubber tube with wires inside that goes through the bulkhead... u need to cut into that and feed the live wire through, obviously dont connect to the battery until your all into the boot and ready for power. will get pictures for you in the morning.

Thanks Ashh, you are a real star, it would mean allot if you could get hold of some pictures. thanks man :thumbup:

I always use 0 gauge power cable for boot builds so I always drill a fresh hole and use a grommet.

Not sure how big 0 gauge is but mines rather large and still managed to squeeze that through, pictures to follow in 5 minutes!

fc2db75f.jpg

12d8c1ec.jpg

b3f2c39e.jpg

Edited by Ashh

Thanks Ashh, thats much help, i have located that place, and just a few more questions if you wouldn't mind (and to anyone eles who can help) :innocent:

Firstly, where does that lead to, the part behind the rubber bung thing, and how would i go about leading my cable through there? Some sort of stick or hard wire?

And finally, this is going to sound ridiculous, but how do you remove the underneath Grey part of the dashboard? As i take it you need to remove that to find out where that bung leads to, and then again to grab hold of the wire to feed it through.

I have spent a good hour trying to unscrew as many screws as i can, but the whole underside of the dash seams to be connected as one unit? I mean it bends in certain places, and unpops in others, but it just doesn't look obvious, Like i scraped off one of the plastic weld things, but felt another 3 behind it, and i cant see how it would go back together flush, with these removed. So i left them as it was.

I ended up having my stereo, left hand side air vent and the heater control thing all unscrewed and pulled off, but that didn't give me any obvious signs of the dash coming off, so i replaced all the screws after. ( Bet your going to tell me that i need'nt bother doing any of that haha :tongueout: ) I was tempted about trying to get the top part of the dash off as i thought you may need to in order to remove the bottom half, but had visions of the airbag going off and blowing my head off! :twisted: so i left that idea.... but on a serious note, where abouts did the wire lead to, and how to i go about removing all that badly designed VW plastic :rant: haha, or do i not need to?

The internet returned no help on removing the dash, so im going to be a pain and ask you guys out :)

Thanks for your help man!

If you remove the foam stuff under the dash and push as much wire through as possible from the engine bay, eventually it should pop out or you should be able to locate it by putting your arm up in the dash! Where are you based? If your local I could give you a hand no worries. Will get more pictures tomorrow for you lol

I used the lupo's dipstick and some ducktape to pull the cable through. Worked a treat (after i cleaned the oil off)

Thank you everyone, i done it last night, and it took about 5 minutes haha, how stupid did i feel :clap:

Anyway i got it all ready too hook up to my sub now, which should be interesting.

Im from Portsmouth Ashh, but thanks anyway mate.