Rear wiper routing

matt123roll

Hi guys, my rear wiper has always been rather shocking at spurting screen wash up and i was told to stick a pin in the opening and so i did this and hurrah it started actually spraying on the window rather than down my boot

but upon doing this i noticed a LOT of screenwash dripping off my left cill? everytime I use my rear wiper screenwash is coming from somwhere near my passenger rear wheel and dripping on the floor, thinking the line has a leak but can't actually spot where it runs?

Any help? Thanks

Open your boot and pull the carpet out from the left hand side and there is a join behind there, re connect it and you should be sorted.

Thanks for the advice, didn't really manage to get all the trim in the boot off so took my rear seat out and the trim where the door meets the rear passenger trim and it was damp under there so i'm assuming that's where the joint is? I did find a thread saying if it came out the sill in the same place as mine its deffo the washer jet.

Have to sort a set of star keys (damn you VW) and rip all the passenger side trim out and try and find the bugger before it gets bad!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I was having a similar problem. The passenger side rear footwell was a bit soggy and after some investigation I found a bad connection on the rear skoosher pipe. Had to take off the rear passenger door card thing. Was a bit tricky but some plumbers tape sorted it out.

Couple of photos of where I found mine on my 12 year old 1 litre Loop.

7422137542_30d84dca42.jpg

2012-01-10 15.17.23 by Funky Nutbar, on Flickr

7422136940_87bfecc7cb.jpg

2012-01-10 15.17.34 by Funky Nutbar, on Flickr

Hope it's useful!