TheOwlTwooo's Arousal

TheOwlTwooo

Been debating starting a thread after seeing the beautiful things that have gone previous!

Dramatic introduction... This is my 1.0l Arosa, bought her off my great aunt in June last year, only 12,000 miles on the clock from new. (Done more than that now in one year of having her!) In pretty good condition, couple of scrapes on the front left wing and on pretty much every panel. Sorted most of them out now, but my best mate has dented my driver side wing by the headlight by jumping on the bonnet. Not happy.

So far I have only done cosmetic mods, mainly because she's my first car and insurance is expensive enough! :thumbdown:

• First thing I did was fit some decent speakers!! Running Infinity Kappa front speakers, Kenwood amp and Mac Audio sub. Recently purchased a new head unit, double din JVC KW-XR611 (Bargain at £100 on ebay!)
  • Wapped on some pressed plates...
  • I had put up with a manky grey/beige interior for ages, so go hold of a Lupo black interior. Planning on covering my old upper door cards and the headlining with some Marvel comic fabric I think... But so far very pleased with the new seats!
  • I have sprayed the vents and heater control surround red, can't decide if I should do the T section or leave it alone.
  • Put on some bigger mud guards, the standard ones were a little half-hearted!
  • Thought it would be a bit of fun having a 8 ball gear knob, so while I was at it put a black and red leather gaiter on as well and went the full hog with some dice valve caps :thumbsup: (Y)

Needs lowering and some better wheels SO BAD but insurance is up for renewal and don't think that is realistic for this year. Would love any suggestions for other things that might need doing!

Some piccies....

IMG00410-20120525-1019.jpg

The interior (Crappy grey is the old one!)

IMG00390-20120519-2039.jpg

Half way through fitting the new seats...

IMG00398-20120523-2008.jpg

The front in...

IMG00399-20120523-2030.jpg

The back out! (Cheeky sub)

IMG00388-20120519-2038.jpg

The new back in...

IMG00489-20120605-1849.jpg

The worst boot build in history :D

IMG00486-20120605-1848.jpg

Swapping Head units, new one in! Can see me red bits...

IMG00474-20120603-1700.jpg

Before spraying...

Pembrokeshire-20120519-00001.jpg

The dent :angry:

IMG00406-20120525-1017.jpg

THE MUD GUARDS!

IMG00490-20120605-1850.jpg

Thanks for looking! Will be putting up more photo's as more stuff gets done and once I give her a clean... Would love any suggestions! :lol:

Ceth

^_^

Edited by TheOwlTwooo

Not so much a 'boot build' as 'boot filled' eh :thumbsup: Nice work so far :) De-wipering the rear is a nice cheap & easy mod (£1.79 for a 25mm blanking grommet from Halfrauds!) I spent a week not using my wiper first to make sure it didn't annoy me :lol:

Sounds good! I will give that a go.. Looks pretty simple to get out (Y) Thank you for kind words!!! :lol: needs lowering so badly but just don't have the money to do it or for the insurance. :(

looks very snazzy :) if it was me then id get some lupo lights for the back, makes a big difference in my opinion, can grab a pair for around £30 but other than that great car! :D

At one point i wanted to smoke/tint the back lights but apparently that's illegal? Yes, wouldn't mind a lupo set tbh. Thanks once again for the kind words! Love it to pieces (the 'tache that is!!) ;)

Mounted your amp on the same place as mine :) unfortunately I keep all my tools in the spare wheel well and well I can't open it with it on there :( good start though :)

• 4 weeks later...

Cleaned the Arosa today... Also have got some goodies on order. Will put up more pictures when i've put them on/in ;)

Here she is today anyway...

IMG00659-20120704-1625-Copy.jpg

IMG00658-20120704-1625.jpg

IMG00656-20120704-1623.jpg

IMG00655-20120704-1623.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay... Missed a few bits :rant: so doing it again tomorrow ha!

IMG00653-20120704-1622.jpg

IMG00651-20120704-1621.jpg

Isn't she pretty?... Well, maby.

IMG00650-20120704-1621.jpg

IMG00649-20120704-1620.jpg

IMG00647-20120704-1620.jpg

Thanks bro, insurance is the main problemo! Up for renewal in the next few weeks and by the sounds of things they'll charge a bomb for aftermarket alloys etc.. Will have to give it a look though, I agree about both lows and wheels (Y) need to get the dent sorted first!!

Thought they would be a bit of fun... Who doesn't like a bit of spiderman. :lol:

Also,

They look pretty cool :) Shaun the sheep is lurking too :L

He's my mascot... Just because i'm Welsh ha!

Door cards are different! Look good too! :thumbsup:

Thank you! :D

Nice progress on this mate! Looks great so far!!

What aerial is that off? Looks so much better than the massive standard type!!

At one point i wanted to smoke/tint the back lights but apparently that's illegal? Yes, wouldn't mind a lupo set tbh. Thanks once again for the kind words! Love it to pieces (the 'tache that is!!) ;)

You can smoke the lights as long as they are still reflective.

I've had the rears on my other car smoked for over a year now. Just got it MOT'ed last week too - sailed through without issue............

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/usr/187/0011341555487440.jpg

nicely done :thumbsup: where your doorcards easy to wrap up? what kinda stuff did you use?

Thanks! I bought aerosol carpet adhesive (Y) it was like £4 on ebay, i only bought one can, that was enough to do all these bits.. but only just! The door cards were a little bit tricky, take your time, and i just did the angular awkward bits first then went from there :yes:

Same as mine lol

You were the inspiration bro!! :thumbsup:

Nice progress on this mate! Looks great so far!!

What aerial is that off? Looks so much better than the massive standard type!!

Thanks! It was just an ebay jobby... Was £3 i think! Just searched 'bee sting aerial' for an arosa :) I think it looks much better too! :D

Unsurprisingly, I am a fan of those door cards :thumbsup:

Thank You! Love it!! ;)

You can smoke the lights as long as they are still reflective.

I've had the rears on my other car smoked for over a year now. Just got it MOT'ed last week too - sailed through without issue............

http://www.imagehost...41555487440.jpg

Also, thank you so much for this... Will have a looky! :lol: