Any road cyclists on here?

Silver!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Phil, I bought a long sleeved jersey, shorts and gloves here:

http://www.cycle-clothing.co.uk/

Real material, with little branding at a good cost. Came real quick too.

Will do me until I'm happy to be noticed.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't resist and ended up taking it all to bits.

As it stands now.

IMG_1501.jpg

Won some tyres on ebay last night with a white tread, so hopefully they'll look good. And fit...

Need to clean up the seat and fit some new bartape, but I am tight and it's a budget project.

Edited by Philplop

That sounds expensive.

I will just give my seat a wipe with a damp cloth, and carry on (not) riding my bike in some old trainers.

Good last-years-model and not-used-very-long saddles are pretty cheap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-Toupe-Ti-130-Gel-Saddle-Seat-for-Bicycle-Carbon-Reinforced-Shell-/160851037912?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item2573780ed8#ht_500wt_1287

I have one of these! Mines super light! It's unreal and quiet comfortable considering how slim it is!

Only really starting out after a long layoff so doing around 10 milers at the mo'. Got a good couple of routes out from the house.

Need to get a spare tube and tool kit before I venture too far.

Registered interest for the 2013 Etape Caledonia and 81mile closed road event through Highland Perthshire.

Not sure if I'll do it yet, but it fills up fast so need to think about it. It'll give me something to work towards.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be completing the Isle of Wight cycle next month! 62 miles, very hilly. Super excite, riding quite a standard cheap muddyfox road bike though. S'okay but I wish I had the money for something a little more upmarket