Just Bought 1.4 tdi

fereday04

I hired a "Rug Doctor" carpet cleaner (from Homebase ), it comes with an upholstery cleaning attachment and did a good job - those pale grey seats are a pain to keep clean, they show every mark.

How much was it pal ?

you can strip the seat covers off easily enough, they just unhook. whip them in the washing machine on a low delicate wash and hey presto minty clean and fresh!

the sill should be easy enough to fix by a decent bodyshop, just make sure there is no bare metal open the the eliments as rust will mean it has to be cut out!

How much was it pal ?

From memory about £20-25 I think, but you do have to buy the cleaning solution that goes in it on top of that (another £5-8 ?). You don't need the anti-foaming solution that they might try to sell you. Does a good job , and you can use it to clean other stuff in the house while you have it for the day. The water that came out of the catch-tank was filthy, so you can see what a good job you're doing :-)

Made a bit of progress with the arosa! I've finished relining my doorcards in faux leather and i'm quite pleased with the result! :thumbup:DSCF5231.jpgDSCF5229.jpgAnd i've also sprayed the lower part of my bumper! and it makes it look so much better :thumbup:

DSCF5227.jpg

Edited by fereday04

looking good mate, wish i'd done that with my door cards and bumper when i had a red arosa! you gona do the lower cards aswell?

check my new tdi out:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90656&hl=