Joe's Black Arosa - Funny Suspension

gatesy0093

Cheers Vinny :P My dads friend reckoned it was one of the cells in the battery had went as it had voltage but no current was going through it. Starting up is still taking a little longer than it originally did but only time will tell, at least I can get to and from work for now haha.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Right so its been a while since the last post so here is the recent update haha.

Sorted this battery problem out, bought a new one! Even though we got it tested and they couldn't find a problem with either of the batteries it was still having this weird problem, anyway my dad got a new one for me and its been perfect ever since.

Changed my thermostat and temp sensor, all the gauges now work fine, don't think I would have need the thermostat but I bought one anyway so I fitted it.

It made a little difference to my MPG but not a great deal, every little helps though I guess!

The only problem with it now is every since the front coilover disaster where one blew so me and dad had to change them to the original shocks and put it on the 40mm springs to match the rear. changing them round wasn't a problem, even managed without a spring compressor haha, although one of the allen key slots on one of the shocks was buggered so we had a hard time tightening it up but we got them as tight as we possibly could, anyway.. the problem was that the tracking was a mile out so we struggled driving it to the nearest garage, got the tracking done for £20 and the guy said it was the worst tracking he'd ever done haha (I only got the toe sorted (I think) so it still has a bit of camber on the front), so with that sorted. the new problem is ever since then, every time in the morning when i set off for work (or any sharp corner where you have nearly full / full lock on, you can hear both front springs click and it seems like they are moving because they then throw the tracking out again and causes the steering wheel to pull to which ever side it feels like quite a lot until about 5 minutes down the road it sorts itself out...

I've put up with it for about a month but ive got fed up with it and could really do with some advice..

Cheers guys :) joe

Thanks for the offer but I don't really need them. With the coilovers on the front the car looked abit hunched over haha, so this ones staying on the 40mms, just need a bit of advice to do with what I was on about beore.

Joe

Any help guys would be much loved :) Also some other weird thing happened today, I was driving back from Blackpool to West Cumbria and after about an hour of driving I put my rear wiper on because I couldn't see and the wiper just decided to go continuously instead of intermittent for about 6-7 wipes and then it just randomly stopped in the middle of the window :/ never done that before with normal driving so I was quite annoyed. It also wouldn't carry on after it stopped, you had to unclick the wiper to turn it off wait about minutes and try again :/ Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers, Joe