Name Hunting For The Lupo... Suggestions?

BrianBass

Hey guys, just got my first car last weekend... a silver 1ltr lupo.

I have some thoughts as to what i want to do with it so any feedback from you guys would be most appreciated :)

- First thing i wanna do is get the back 3 windows tinted... not thinking of going too dark, but just so you can still slightly see through.

- Then i wanna lower it... any help on some coil overs and springs would be great... dont wanna go ridiculous, maybe 40mm or 60mm

- Get the roof wrapped gloss black.

- Black out the badges

- Get new alloys (some suggestions would be great)

- Roof bars

- New speakers

any other suggestions from you guys would be most appreciated :)

Heres some picture for you too look at...

SAM_0146.jpg

SAM_0153.jpg

SAM_0147.jpg

SAM_0150.jpg

Hope you guys like :)

Edited by BrianBass

Looks in good condition, what's the mileage? i'd remove the door bump strips = 100x better IMO. 5% tint is ok anything else is a bit overkill! you can get 60mm lowering springs but i wouldn't bother, there will come a time when you wish you could make it lower and cant, just get some cheap coilovers instead. i wouldn't black out the badges especially as its a light coloured car and the silver sets them off, but thats just me! Happy modding and welcome along. :thumbsup:

The mileage is 60,159, it was 59,990 when i bought it lol. had to drive it back from manchester to telford. Thanks for the tips dude. Are the bumper strips stuck? And what coil overs would you recommend? :)

nice base to start with mate. As said lows are a must and i'd also go with removing bump strips. i'm running JOM coils which are good for budget ones costing around £200. Mainly comes down to what your willing to spend really lol and as slowpoke said don't black the badges, looks cheap, been there done that and have original ones on now haha

Heat the bumpstrips up with a heat gun if you have one it will soften the glue, and prize them off with something plastic like a body filler applicator so as not to damage the paint, then any glue left behind you can get off with tar and glue remover, or failing that white spirit does the job, then clean off with soapy water job done! just take your time with it, good luck.

Advice taken. will try as soon as the weather starts to get better. One of those times where i wish i had a garage. any other suggestions as to what i could to my loop would be appreciated as i am new to the whole VW/ LOop scene n want it to look good but as OEM+ as poosible :)

nice start mate looks cleanand lover the sticker on fuel cap, i have black badges and just got a silver one for the back but its a personal opinion, in my mind i like front black and silver back, but its up to you init :thumbup: and debumping is not to hard if your in ther right mood haha :tongueout:

Heat the bumpstrips up with a heat gun if you have one it will soften the glue, and prize them off with something plastic like a body filler applicator so as not to damage the paint, then any glue left behind you can get off with tar and glue remover, or failing that white spirit does the job, then clean off with soapy water job done! just take your time with it, good luck.

I wouldn't use white spirit because i use this on my previous car and i took some of the paint off well it is paint thinner so its bound to happen i use tar remover and tcut

cheers ON IT IN A LUPO and AROSAJAK... ill keep thinking. just itching to get something else done to it now i finally have it :rant:

Im the same mate just funds what hold me back :)

Ye I'm savin for shock and springs at the minute. Gonna get the windows tinted after and the roof wrapped it black gloss. Got some nice weather today so started to take bumper strips off n added a new decal. Will upload pics later tonight when I get home :-)

Hey guys, just a little update on the car. This is how i spent my bank holiday monday:

- I removed the rear side bumper strips today. i could only do the rear ones coz i got a whop off blister on me finger so had to stop. I also added a new sticker.

Heres some pics for you guys.

BEFORE

SAM_0162.jpg

AFTER

SAM_0164.jpg

SAM_0165.jpg

SAM_0166.jpg

Hope you all like :D

Good job mate looking good and like the dub sticker

cheers dude. just gotta the the other ones now. i dont know if you can see it but on the first pic theres a little bit of rust just under the bumper strip... what should i do about it?

i cant see the rust in the pic so it cant be that bad but i have no clue what to do about rust, some one showed give you an answer on here tho

Ok I'll make a thread.

Tidy loop you have there sir look forward to seeing how she progresses :D

Tidy loop you have there sir look forward to seeing how she progresses :D

Cheers Loop. got some good plans for her in the future. Going on hol soon so not gonna do anything till i come back.

Love your car btw... looks sweet.