Cheap genuine Gti Spoilers

I have the water ingress issue with my spoiler and have decided to replace the spoiler rather then have it re-sprayed. I already have the brake light and when I rang my local VW to order a new spoiler, I was surprised by a price of £70 or something. I questioned if it was the right one and he said yeah its the one with original screening.

I'm picking it up later, not sure what to expect when I pick it up

Wow, I paid £199 + VAT and paint for mine a couple of years ago. They didn't really know what they were selling me though and were trying to add a bonding kit etc. I told them it was bolt on and they disagreed. I asked for my original back and they said they would have to break it off so it would be in bits.

When it came, they seemed surprised to find I was correct and they were wrong. Though I think BossJohn said, if you get it bonded, it stops the ingress issue.

If it's a proper job, I'll maybe get you to buy one for me as a spare.

Same as above really, keep us posted on this one. Maybee something the club to consider buying in bulk so it can benfit members?

Note there are two spoliers, sport and gti

What a waste of time, turns out I was quoted for the front spoiler. Went to order the rear spoiler, which was 200+. But VW have none and would have to order and will take like a month as there are none left.

So I've taken the original spoiler to the body shop to be stripped and sprayed

I was going to say, are you sure thay haven't quoted for the front spoiler, but I got a quote a couple of years back and it came in at £47 + VAT.