CAMBELT TIMING BELT SNAPPED HOW MUCH TO FIX? lupo sport 16v

my mates cambelt snapped whie he was driving his 16v lupo sport, i have sold him a new cambelt, how much will it be for him to get the new one fitted? also could there be any other complications from it snapping? could it have broken anything else?

Get yourself on amazon and get a engines for beginners book, it will come in useful for future reference on occasions like this

haha i didnt have a clue lads! he just rang me asking if i could sell him a timing belt! lmfao, though my mate wont be

^ I agree. Depends on how the valves have been aligned when it went. If you are very lucky they may have run true, but if they didn't, bent valves, wrecked guides and cam followers etc etc.....even holed pistons.

Couple of hours to remove everything, will be cheaper than paying a garage to strip it just to find it's wrecked.

Did it die gracefully or did it go bang, rattle, rattle bang, rattle, rattle, rattle...

went gracefully, some of you guys can laugh, i dont blame you because 9 times out of 10 then engine would be kaput but my dad has had 2 cars where the belt snapped and by some miracle the engine was fine. will help him open it up today, then maybe sell it for spares or a new engine off ebay if worst comesto worst