Remove B Pillar Trim

BrownBehr

Hi peoples,

Have researched it but dont understand entirely. I was wondering would someone be able to tell me how to remove the B pillar trims from the lupo as they are a bit worn. As far as it goes I know you wind down the window but after a little fiddling with the rubber seal I cant seem to get it off. Does anyone have any pictures of which rubber seal to remove and how to remove it? This probably is a bit of a stupid question but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance dudes.

Peace.

u just give the seal a good tug and itll come away, and now youll either have the b pillar screwed on or its riveted on, if its screws our laughing 1 minute later youll have it off if its rivets youll needd to bust out the drill

Basically what he said, I've got some pics I'll upload em later

Thanks I read somewhere that only lupo gti's have rivets but not many people have lupo tdi's so who knows what will be under mine lol. The pictures would really help and will see if the seal can be removed tomorrow as the B pillar's are looking a bit bad now that the car has been cleaned today. :D

Thanks I read somewhere that only lupo gti's have rivets but not many people have lupo tdi's so who knows what will be under mine lol. The pictures would really help and will see if the seal can be removed tomorrow as the B pillar's are looking a bit bad now that the car has been cleaned today. :D

My bro has removed his on his 52 plate tdi, and they are screwed on.

They are nicely polished now! :D

• 3 years later...

I'm going to replace the b pillar trim this weekend. Mine is riveted in. I haven't drilled a rivet out before so was wondering if people with experience could talk me through how it's done. I have replacement rivers and a gun ready to attach the new trim.

Thanks!

On 1/15/2016 at 9:22 PM, Will Cheyney said:

I'm going to replace the b pillar trim this weekend. Mine is riveted in. I haven't drilled a rivet out before so was wondering if people with experience could talk me through how it's done. I have replacement rivers and a gun ready to attach the new trim.

Thanks!

Pick a drill head relatively the same size as your rivet or slightly smaller.. Drill straight on the centre of the rivet, and take it down to about level with where the metal beneath it is, should just pull off from the other side then. Really simple to do. 

8 hours ago, cj1 said:

Pick a drill head relatively the same size as your rivet or slightly smaller.. Drill straight on the centre of the rivet, and take it down to about level with where the metal beneath it is, should just pull off from the other side then. Really simple to do. 

Thanks!

The same width as the rivet or the same width as the rivet head?