clutch bite point

pond

Hi

Just put a 1 litre Arosa on the road as a runabout and hoped someone could help me with a model specific question here, already read about pedal boxes breaking etc. My clutch bite point is higher than normal at the moment and my first thoughts are clutch needing replacement soon but thought I would ask as it's cable actuated and there's a small chance I could adjust it to improve it maybe? The threaded rod at the end of the cable under the bonnet shows about 5 mm before the first nut. Should the spring between the lever and the plastic sleeve be almost totally compressed as standard? I've been looking for a manual but no luck yet - someone said a Mk 3 Lupo Haynes would cover most of it? Did Haynes ever do one for the Arosa?

Sorry to include a barrage of questions in my first post.

Regards

Chris

There is NO haynes manual for the lupo. and yes it is a cable clutch system. if yours is a 1.0 mpi then get the Polo 6N2 (2000) haynes manual.

if its a MK1 arosa then id get the Polo 6N (1995)

Mines quite high and always has been like that. but my clutch has started slipping when pulling off with a bit of grunt ahah

Unfortunaly no. I will eventually need to find out when it gets undrivable ahah it should say in the Haynes Maunal or maybe on autodata. is there any way of trial and error? Jacking up the wheels and adjusting it, then starting it and testing point of bite etc? nevver done a FWD box, or even a cable one lool

buy a program called "elswin" from ebay, its the vag database for maintenance/repair and gives you all the toeque settings you'd need as well as guides on how to do all jobs.

it can be tricky to install but once you get it going its really good for giving you an idea of whats needed to do certain jobs

Thanks for the replies but i'm not that computer literate and it seems some of these programmes you need to convert files are a little too invasive - Winrar being one of them. I was hoping there was someone on here who had experienced the same. I've researched on other Forums and it seems that a high bite point is quite common and doesn't relate to a worn out clutch necessarily. I just need to determine whether I can adjust the pedal position from inside the car as people speak of a self-adjusting pedal mechanism otherwise I will try adjusting the cable under the bonnet.

Update :- just found out that adjustment under the bonnet is not the answer sadly - it's either finding out if I can adjust the relative clutch pedal position or else the clutch is genuinely worn and not far away from needing replacement. Thanks all.