New Member... Is a VW Lupo for me?

VyKaginLupo

Okay so I am due to sit my driving test at the beginning of June. So I was surfing the internet looking for nice reliable and not too bad looking 1.0 Litre cars, and I found the VW Lupo, and the Seat Arosa. After about 30 minutes of checking them both out I've decided that the Vw Lupo was the better car and smarter looking. Anyway I seen a Lupo today (all done-up, looking Awesome) and I just decided then that I wanted one, so I joined this website! :D

Anyway as I am just going to sit my test and I am 17, I had a few questions about the car in general that I was hoping someone could answer? :)

1. What's the insurance like for a 17 year old guy?

2. In your opinion why is the Lupo better than the Arosa?

3. How much does the Lupo cost to maintain?

4. For a 1.0 Litre Lupo with nothing special added, how much are they?

5. How do they feel to drive? Are they bouncy (like the Vauxhall Corsa I'm learning in) or Firm?

6. I plan on using it to drive to college everyday (about 12 miles away) how much would I expect to spend in petrol per week/month?

I should probably state that I live in the UK so prices in dollars are no good to me :P

Thanks for your help, really want a Lupo to make mine, just hope I can! :D

I can't answer question 1 but i will have go at the others

2. The arosa is the same as lupo bar body panels and some interior bits, i like both to be honeset.

3. Annual servicing for me including mot is around £250 exc tax tax on 1 ltr is £115 a year (or if you buy a 1.7sdi it is £35 tax a year. Other things to consider is replacement exhaust is £300 (from CAT back), new tyres all round is £300.

4. 1ltr lupo are little varient in price, the se model including alloys and nice interior you pick up for around £2000, a more basic one you can expect to pay from £1000 - £3000 depending on condition, age, millage and spec.

5. 1 ltr lupo on standard supension is very comfy to drive, may bee differnet if lowered.

6. on a 1ltr lupo is 50mpg and to fill a tank just above the quater is £40 (280miles).

Edited by lupo1.0se

1. Awful, young drivers don't have it easy! They're a low insurance group though so they're one of the best bets for a new driver. There are lots of hints for getting your premium down if you use the search as it comes up quite a lot!

2. It's got a VW badge on it ;)

5. I wouldn't say bouncy, standard suspension on a non sport/GTI is quite soft & there's a fair bit of body roll but they still handle very well & are very 'pointy', handle like a comfy go kart!

1. Not 17 but I'm 18 with a claim and it's 1100. (for a 1L arosa)

2. It's not ;)

3. Service it myself

4. Paid about 1300 for mine (51 plate leccy windows etc)

5. Best suspension I've had tbh

6. My petrol light hasn't come on yet and ive done 300 miles exactly. Usually fill it up when the light comes on and it costs £37