mk1 golf - GOOCH, not a lupo but i thought id share anyway

oliespurr

not a lupo but i thought id share anyway since it lives with 2 gti's

so ive been lurking around all the car forums for ages now so i thought it was about time to write something up about my car :)

so my 1.4 lupo got writted off and ended up as a cat D so i swapped it for my mk1 gti already with the ABF engine conversion, think it was intended to be a track car

i was using it as my daily over the full winter aswell

when i got it:

no carpets, no headliner... 2 front seats and a dashboard and that was pretty much it haha

29112120.jpg

7f5d4ac2.jpg

4220d08d.jpg

got it all cleaned up as much as i could to find out it was a pretty solid shell with only minor surface rust.

then i got it in to be sprayed while constantly changing my mind about which direction to go in haha

nearly finished been prepped

902b9c13.jpg

as it came out of the bay (very hard to tell the colour in some pictures)

64acc4bd.jpg

started rebuilding windows in etc, grill badged refurbed etc...

da7b6507.jpg

a8d6dd22.jpg

125389aa.jpg

carpet in

01d3daa9.jpg

picked these cheap to run around on for the time being

e4ae60c8.jpg

and on the car

d7f48041.jpg

the 'break your spine' coilovers arrived

776f5d65.jpg

fitting

05a26ea9.jpg

removed the dash to find a nightmare of wires (picture after quite a bit of tidying up rewiring and cleaning)

3c9aa634.jpg

some presents arrived in the post, chrome bumpers and porsche seats

4c03811f.jpg

only picture with bumpers on as it was too cold to stand outside and take photos over winter haha

98559400.jpg

things were quiet for a couple of months

e270c611.jpg

already had added 1.5 degree camber to the back but it wasnt enough so i went for 3 degrees and 20mm spacers

29941b9a.jpg

didnt like this so much with the spacers so now running the 3 degrees without the spacers and looks much better and can go lower at the back... bonus

got bored of the seats and flogged them to buy this sweet interior that i am in love with

dcf513bc.jpg

and how it is at the moment (minus the camber)

2a9de5f4.jpg

18e0701b.jpg

just got these which will hopefully be polished with cream centers soon!

b918354b.jpg

so thats all so far, still a work in progress, love to hear any input

oh and just a cheeky last one peeping from behind my lupo

f5b63be8.jpg

Olie :)

Was hoping we'd get to see more of this, tis lovely :D

cheers guys, more to come, opening quarters and a butt load more to do including refurb the splits before the 10th june for yorkshire modified top 25 show n' shine (not that i have a clue what im doing at a show n' shine like because my cars are usually filthy hahaha)

there isnt an exact name for the colour i just got it from the company that supplies paint to my work, i cant remember the exact code, but i need to find out because its having a blow over before the 10th aswell. if i find out i'll post it up :)

Very nice work, i love MK1's and its nice you have retained the OEM look.

cheers man, oem is the way forward i think, i cant be doing with a load of after market s**t well except wheels because they're rad

to say this is a build thread this post wont really fit in because its more of a demolition post haha.

started stripping gooch down after work today ready for spraying next week and going to prep it over the weekend / next week. pictures are from half way through with bumpers and lights and grill still on also anyone got a opinion on the colour of the headliner? i have a black one at home but was thinking of trying to get a creme one, i know i can source a white one but it wont match the seats that well and the dashboard is staying black... what do you think?

7fcc0615.jpg

74e27c36.jpg

2ddf03da.jpg

52aaaca2.jpg

Edited by oliespurr