re map 1.4 not gti

wotto1993

Depends whether you go custom or generic.. Both are completely pointless on the 1.4 N/A engine, to see any sort of benefit u would need a performance exhaust manifold, induction kit, exhaust system before the map (if u went custom).

Mike

having a 1.4 myself chasing power is pointless unless you can afford throttle bodies and or a supercharger. Imo mine is much better from been on coillies and wider wheels because the car doesnt put its power down well on standard suspension and wheels and i got a back box just for a little bit of noise because im cool but it doesnt give any extra bhp like they all quote

But if youre set out on a faster car strip the interior out will save you many pennies :)

As said, the benefits will be negligible. If you really wanted to tune it you could go for a 4-branch manifold and exhaust then bike carbs/throttle bodies, but the price will probably be more than a 1.6 conversion!