Not starting

rasheed

engine turning over, but not starting. it turns over as if to start, but then fail. about a week ago i was driving n the car went dead for less than a second, like some power went out. it took me to work couple days after that then now not starting. any suggestions hope i`m clear on the prob. Jus check n the EPC light is on, oh darn something electrical for sure huh :( lupie don't die on me.

i did sum checkin around n i`m wondering if the compartment is flooded wit gas. i lent a friend the car yesterday n every time she started it she pressed the gas i had to tell her thats not needed. i`m wondering if this is a result from her actions.

Edited by rasheed

If you think the engine may be flodded I would suggest that you take out the spark plugs and check them. Additionally, I would see if there are any error coded on the ECU. The EPC light may simply be reporting that there has been a misfire.

WS

Edited by Wee Sprocket

Have you got fuel in your tank? Check it's getting through to the the engine, you could disconnect the pipe from the throttle body and turn it over to check flow. Be very carful of sparks and use a plastic container. Turn off as soon as you confirm you have fuel. If yo have none, check fuel pump and filter.

Check if you have a spark at the plugs. Take a plug out, put the lead back on, earth it on the engine using a set of grips and get someone to turn your ignition over whilst you check for a spark. Beware of any spilt fuel. No spark? check your leads including LT and coilpack.

Try and use real words, it helps us that arent 'street' to help you out.

Where do you live? Someone local may have VAGCOM so can read the fault codes for you.

It isnt the immobilisor - the car would start and then cut out if it was. I cant imagine its due to flooding either, as it should be fine if you had left it overnight.

Do as Silver! says and report back - it is highly likey to be one of those things

I live in Jamaica and according to the VW center out here including my Insurance i`m probably the only one here with a Lupo. Any way my mind ran on the spark plugs because i remember changing them about 2 years ago due to lack of power. I`m thinking that's the problem if not the Gas line. A guy charged me an arm and a leg just to Scan the car just because its rare and the software isn`t easy to get, so he`s my last resort. i`m going to get the right tools and check the plugs weekend hopefully that's it. does all lupo`s uses the same plug? if so what type i`m thinking double tip? oh and sorry for my short hand i`m lazy to type out full English at times @ Defcon5

How on earth did a Lupo end up in Jamaica? :thumbup:

They all use the same plug I think, I certainly use the same ones in mine. NGK BKUR6ET (That is off the top of my head though!)

Regarding the software, its the same on all VW/SEAT/Audis of that era I think, not Lupo specific

well its a strange and funny sorry but every morning and evening i kept on passing it on a car mart on my way to work for little over a year. The head lamp of this strange car was unique it`s has if she was sad and calling to me. so long story short i bought her, it was once owned buy a radio personality out her who shipped it out form Europe.

i`m going to buy the plugs and do it my self, i like learning about the cars i drive, thanks so much guys

Edited by rasheed

Massive props for being our only Jamaican member (afaik) & owning the only Jamaican Lupo :thumbup: Hope you sort it mate!