Changing headlight bulbs

rickyd1992

quite simply.... How is this achieved ? i had a quick look on friday afternoon when i got home but couldnt figure it out. i want to get some OSRAM night breakers but i need to know how to swap them before i order the bulbs. thanks in advance

litterally take the back covers of the headlights and theres a clip which is hooked on 2 prongs,, all you have to do is unplug the bulb which just pulls out, then push/pinch the clip together and it will pop off the hooks! reverse to get the new ones in! but i must warn you, i had some nightbreakers expecting them to be bright white like HIDs and theyre not! hardly a noticable difference tbh!

• Like 1

this is a bit of a penis to achieve given the tight spaces, but after paying some fat greasy hulk man at halfords to do mine, i felt confident to try it myself, after all if he can get his sausages in there i can get my little chipolatas in.

make sure all the electrics are off, take the back covers off the lights, unplug the bulbs, then there will be two metal hooks holding a spring clip in place either side of the bulb, simply unhook these, remove bulb, don't drop the spring clip if it comes out,i did and was lucky to retrieve it.

put new bulbs in taking care not to touch the glass, plug them in and replace the clips, test the bulbs and seal it all back up.

easy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...