Vw fox coolant temperature light

Stephlw

Hi, I had a car crash 2 months ago in my vw fox 2006 since being fixed the coolant temperature light keeps coming on at random times when driving. I have taken it to a garage around 5 times for them to fix it and they can't find anything reason for the light to keep binging and flashing on my dashboard? Any suggestions, is it the sensor rather than the car leaking coolant, has anyone else had similar issues?

Not had the same problem but... It sounds like the sensor, if it was damaged by the crash it may have an intermittent fault, I don't think that they are expensive :) are you losing coolant?

well the sensor would be the best place to start tbh :( garages aren't usually that helpful with things like this as it is time consuming and they can't charge alot for it. Was it repaired through the insurance?

Personally I'd call the garage, explain that the problem has only occurred since the accident, I'm guessing that its been back to them 5 times?? Ask them what has actually been done. Then ask them to have another look (for free as it still hasn't been fully fixed since the accident) if the problem persists and the garage aren't being very helpful, get onto the insurance :)

I work for vw and I've had a car come in with this problem before. Turns out it was the sensor in the actual coolant bottle was broken so replaced the bottle and the light was out.....worth a try if you havnt got it sorted yet buddy