1.4s won't idle (and oil light sometimes comes on) only when cold

sellick

Hi all, having some issues and really hope you can help!

I haven't driven the Lupo for a while so I charged the battery and went out to it today. When it's cold, it wants to idle really low (will cut out after a few seconds if not revved). If I keep the revs up around 1200rpm for a minute or so it will idle and drive perfectly. I can then turn it off and it starts again instantly, but when left to go cold and re-started it won't idle. It's a 1.4s (75bhp), and the egr valve is blanked but otherwise standard. If I hold the revs around 2000rpm the oil light can sometimes come on.

My thoughts:

- Charge battery - done, no difference

- Check oil - absolutely fine, quite high on the level but not excessive

- Clean throttle body - do I just clean the actual port where the air enters? Or is there some sort of sensor that can be cleaned?

- Clean 'black box' crank case breather

I have emptied the fuel tank and replaced for fresh fuel and some redex. It was MOT'd with this fault and passed emissions fine. I am just trying to sell the car, and it's typical that problems would start to occur now!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Jamie

Unfortunately I don't have vag-com. I have removed and cleaned out the throttle body, is there any way I can reset the codes without vag-com? I guess leaving the battery disconnected for a while doesn't work? Thanks