Glen's Arosa

grichardson

This thread follows a legendary build completed by a well-known VAG guru.

Original thread which I sourced: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62722&st=0

2 years down the line, this '1.0 litre' Mk1 Arosa has fell upon my possession. It is a well known car in the local area, and many people have had the privilege of driving it.

Spec:

1.4 6N AFH

K&N cone air filter

A3 bushes (I believe..)

Front coilies / chopped rears - unknown shocks

BBS 15"

Corbeau bucket seats

Custom rear strut

G40 steering wheel

16v brakes

Shortened bike can

There's probably more...

My intentions are to bring this car back to its former glory.. As it stands, it's a bloody eye-sore. I shall post some pics when the opportunity arises so that you guys can see the transformation since the above thread, as I'm sure you'll be interested :)

Unfortunately it's not as loveable to everyone nowadays :/ I'm not that happy with it due to the owners since Ollie.. The poor thing has been ragged since the day he sold it. BUT, I am gonna try tidy up the appearance a bit before anything else.

Unfortunately I can't spend any money on it until the end of May :(

I got used to it pretty quickly.. I asked Olly what he'd suggest doing to make it a bit faster. Recommended I invest in bike carbs and a 4-1 mani.

Since then, I've obviously drove it daily, and can't decide whether the engine will last with more power. It feels slightly slower lately, and not as responsive.

I'm thinking another service, including the fuel filter this time, needs to be done! Other than that, I want some nicer wheels, new rubber and give it it's 5th colour haha

take out ?action=view&current= from link & type [ img ] [ /img ] tags round the link (without the spaces) or click image button & paste ;)

FR0013.jpg

Edited by Koop

From what I know, the changes since the original thread consist of:

Different bucket seats/harnesses

Completely stripped barring dash

Rear strut

Custom heat shield

Different doors

Manuel windows

Not on poppers

Normal front bumper

No longer side-exit

(car was painted white after the primer, then previous owner re-sprayed it satin black)

very cool.. i plan on polo gti lump for my arosa when this engine gets more worse for wear.. look forward to updates mk1 arosas are sick

Cheers guys, what power are the GTI's?? I know the 1.4 16v's are roughly 100bhp, and the 8v's are only 75bhp or something like that lol

I can't wait to get the car in one colour, green doors, black body and red interior gets it the wrong looks from people at lights and in traffic.. Its when they see the buckets and laugh when I smirk and show them why a small, light car with 2 seats and a dash is nothing to be ashamed of!!

a polo gti is 123bhp or something like that which should be quite fun with a stripped arosa and 123bhp when it happens aha!

they are fairly bippy the normal 1.4 8v im running is 60bhp but its not slow compared to other mates cars my mate had a 1.25 fezzy which are supposedly 76bhp or something and his had panel filter and exhaust system an my arosa still pulled away aha!

Aah when I had my 1.25 mk4 and my mate had his arosa I used to pull on him.. And now I have his thugly green doors on this lol

I've just been checking out that blue arosa with the lupo front end.. Its definitely swayed my thoughts about doing it!! Its just one of them things that again, depends if the engine holds out for a couple more months before I decide to grow attached and spend money without a budget....

Cheers guys, what power are the GTI's?? I know the 1.4 16v's are roughly 100bhp, and the 8v's are only 75bhp or something like that lol

There's a 75bhp 1.4 16v & a 100bhp 1.4 16v as found in the sport. GTIs are roughly 125, think Elz is right in saying it's actually 123.

There's a 75bhp 1.4 16v & a 100bhp 1.4 16v as found in the sport. GTIs are roughly 125, think Elz is right in saying it's actually 123.

i am right most of the time :P