MK4 Recaros

Looking at a new interior as the Yellow Tim & Tom is giving me a migraine!

Several options.

1) Standard Lupo interior in grey - too standard!

2) Lupo GTI - like hens teeth as everyone wants them and with a Yellow car red on grey is out and grey on grey appear pretty scarce!

3) Lupo GTI leather - missed 2 so far but interesting option...

4) TT - missus is concerned about the bodgery factor and tilt slide function for kids getting in / out

5) MK4 Recaro...

These look like a good option - as they look seriously comfortable and appear to be more freely available...

My first thoughts are - do you need the 3 door versions to retain the tilt function or will 5 door versions work? Does the height adjustment work? Do both of these functions work if you use the complete mk4 seat and just grind the base or do you have to mount on Lupo runners?

Rear bench - I assume that you strip the Recaro rear bench / backs and recover the Lupo bench (using a trimmer if you are cack handed like me) - Use the Mk4 Headrests following the "How to" guide - any one done this / got pictures - would love to see it...

Good option to retrim at a later date...possibly...no its making my head ache already!!!

VWBeetleCoupeinyellowwithyellowstitchingeditedlowres.jpg

Yes to all of your questions mate ;) As in yes you need 3 door seats. There's also Mk4 sports seats like mine which are cheaper & still mighty comfy. Often advertised on the bay as 'recaro style'.

Yes to all of your questions mate ;) As in yes you need 3 door seats. There's also Mk4 sports seats like mine which are cheaper & still mighty comfy. Often advertised on the bay as 'recaro style'.

Cheers Koop - you got round to trimming your back seat yet?

Nah that's way down the very long list :lol: I know we talked about you having mine as I was thinking of getting GTI seats but I've been told these are way comfier so I'll stick with em soz!

You can transfer the 5 door Recaro covers and foams over to the lupo frames, but will need to cut and re weld the extra support arms that the Recaro seats have. Rears are a retrim also but not too hard.

Did this to mine myself a while ago and they still look great.

You can transfer the 5 door Recaro covers and foams over to the lupo frames, but will need to cut and re weld the extra support arms that the Recaro seats have. Rears are a retrim also but not too hard.

Did this to mine myself a while ago and they still look great.

Thanks Mike - as a cack handed novice this sounds way too complicated for me!

I have a grey tim tom interior if you fancy swapping?

Wow - thats well decent of you mate - you'd fancy the old Tim & Tom in Yellow!!! Will bear your very kind offer in mind

I have mk4 golf gti recaro seats out of a 5 door model fitted into my lupo gti, you can adjust the back far enough forward to get people in the back, not ideal but I can live with it.

lupointerior2.jpg

lupointerior3.jpg