chatbox

Brad1992

enough said by title i believe, i feel we should have a chatbox at the top of the forums so online members can chat :)

This is a great idea, but from a developers point of view its a sheer pain, because you end up getting people asking questions via the chatbox, and google dosent recognise it, so questions asked in chat; For example "how do i change my lupo brakes" wont get picked up via google, therefore anyone looking online wont pickup club lupo as a resource and join because it wont be archived on the site, However, i do think a chatbox brings the community together more i shouldnt think club lupo should have a problem with it being well established but it should be considered at least

Kieran

Yeah, the ideas there for communication, although we had this on the swift owners forum a while back, no one posted the forum anymore and everyone just spoke on the chat, it was soon abandoned and the forum turned back into a forum!

106 owners club use it and still use all their forums, got the idea as its really helpful if you need a response then and there, mixed opinions i know but hope to hear from more :)

We've touched on this before. It doesn't work very well, we have a PM function for chatting and a forum to asking questions on. The chatbox function massively slows down the forum and chews through our bandwidth allowance. We've not long had to upgrade the hosting as we'd outgrown our previous limits significantly.

If you want to just chat add someone on Facebook or MSN Messenger.