Seat covers - can't find any

Hakster

Hi all,

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction to find some seat covers that will fit these:

699eb437.jpg

I've been looking at these on the Bay but not sure if they will work...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protective-RECARO-Seat-Cover-VW-Golf-Mark-2-Mk2-GTI?item=270454947404&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7760785292581591069#ht_1073wt_1037

Any help would be appreciated, I've search on the topic with no luck.

Thanks,

Hakan

To be honest, I would take a trip to Halfords and try some for size.

I bought some for the Dune without trying them on, but as they were a tad short the stress on the seams was too much and they ended up splitting at the top.

Better trying for size.

Have seen Capitol covers and wasnt very impressed by them.

Not impressed with the Town and Country velco underseat fastening system either as it stretches after a while and the cover ends up loose.

Have used Climate covers though and they were a much better fit (although dearer)

You also get options of colour and specific embroidering and the buckles are proper pull through plastic clip type.

They trade under http://www.carseatcovers.co.uk/

Suppose its down to what do you want to pay.

Plus covers are a good investment on tidy seats as things like rivets on jeans and belts etc soon start weating through the leather as you say during day to day use.

Edited by Cannonball

I'm confused now, I thought mine were Lupo seats, they are original. But every cover I'm looking at has a little note saying "does not fit bucket seats". Think I'm gonna go with the town&country ones as at least I know they'll fit.

Ok its your choice :thumbup:

But remember yours are not bucket seats :thumbsup: Bucket seats are like what they have in BTCC touring cars and rally cars etc.

My T&C's went back in the box after annoying me so much because they are not shaped to the seat but im fussy :paperbag:

24pfhq1.jpg

So got the t&c ones and should have listened to cannonball tbh, there not that good a fit and seem like the material would scratch the leather rather than protect it...

c5e23efc.jpg

They're going back too lol

I think I'm just gonna leave them exposed and just be careful with them.

Hmm, strange they didn't just recommend those...

How's the fitting on the bottom of the seat, these ones just ride up all the time. And has it got that tube thing to hold the cover against the back of the seat?

The back of the cover comes down to the near bottom of the seat at the back and it is elasticated at the edge so fits nicely around the bottom, they also have a Velcro opening at the side so the seat handle can still be used to bring the seat forward.... I'd try and swap them and as long as the design hasn't changed as I've had mine for some years now they should be ok for you

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, T&C don't sell direct but the supplier I bought off was very helpful and they have been sent back. I'll update you all on my next purchase lol, I'll get there eventually...