Hakster's Silver GTi - OEM+

Hakster

null_zpsd915a3fe.jpgnull_zps1a4aaf5f.jpg

Took out the bikes, nothing decent there but I am working on a little project, building a fixie:

null_zps2669f900.jpg

Too many animals (no, not including the wifey) in my photos lol

Edited by Hakster

null_zpsd915a3fe.jpg

love the wheels mate really suit the car!! not had any problems size wise?? also that phone holder in the pic above? is that screwed into your dash and will it hold any phone??

love the wheels mate really suit the car!! not had any problems size wise?? also that phone holder in the pic above? is that screwed into your dash and will it hold any phone??

Cheers, no, no problems at all (obviously not counting having had to redrill the front hubs so they fit lol), no rubbing even with people in the back.

The phone holder has a section that slips in between the dash and the cup holders, it's a "Brodit proclip", really well made and sits in a nice position. You can find them here:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/proclip/Volkswagen+Lupo-Brodit-Proclip.asp

Cheers, no, no problems at all (obviously not counting having had to redrill the front hubs so they fit lol), no rubbing even with people in the back.

The phone holder has a section that slips in between the dash and the cup holders, it's a "Brodit proclip", really well made and sits in a nice position. You can find them here:

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/proclip/Volkswagen+Lupo-Brodit-Proclip.asp

thanks, was the redrilling alot of work??

thanks, was the redrilling alot of work??

The research was the hardest part, finding somewhere that will actually drill the parts and finding out what parts actually need to be drilled.

The research was the hardest part, finding somewhere that will actually drill the parts and finding out what parts actually need to be drilled.

why did you go for a redrill instead of adapters?

Have you seen how perfectly they fit in the front arches? There's your answer :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Have you seen how perfectly they fit in the front arches? There's your answer :thumbsup:

true! they make the brakes look tiny though :P needs bigger brakes now aha!

why did you go for a redrill instead of adapters?
I did have 15mm adapters at the front for 2 weeks, they sat out quite far and it would rub occasionally when turning.As Koop says, they sit just right without adapters.Now you mention it, the brakes do look a bit small don't they...

I did have 15mm adapters at the front for 2 weeks, they sat out quite far and it would rub occasionally when turning.As Koop says, they sit just right without adapters.Now you mention it, the brakes do look a bit small don't they...

I was thinking of putting these wheels on a non GTI, with adaptors - glad I didn't now, suspect it would have been a right pain in the arse :lol:

I was thinking of putting these wheels on a non GTI, with adaptors - glad I didn't now, suspect it would have been a right pain in the arse :lol:

Backs still have 15mm adapters but, yeah, fronts just didn't look right.

Come to think of it, the cost of the re-drill was about the same as a pair of adapters :)

Edited by Hakster

Looking rather lovely!

...and whilst every other colour owners always say "...and the best colour too!", we know we don't have to, 'cause it really is.

Looking rather lovely!

...and whilst every other colour owners always say "...and the best colour too!", we know we don't have to, 'cause it really is.

Is it moon silver or reflex silver? I have no idea haha

• 4 weeks later...

Looking rather lovely!

This is so true.

Bit of a dark picture but the bike is finally finished. Will be going out for a nice ride tomorrow.

null_zps914e2805.jpg

• Like 1

Got an OBD wifi connector, great little stats come up on the appradio now.

null_zpsf00af8e5.jpg

105.png

(stolen from the interweb but gives you a snapshot of what I can get)

Also, finally sourced a model to add to my collection, this one had to come from Germany:

null_zps4d4ace37.jpg

Couple more pictures:

null_zps029fd6aa.jpg

null_zps73de1b97.jpg