Hakster's Silver GTi - OEM+

Hakster

Words can't describe how much I love this car now. OEM! That's how they should have looked, shamed they hadn't made the Monzas yet when they made the lupo!

Wow, thanks for the lovely comment, really appreciate that :-)

That was the goal for the Lupo, to make it as kitted out with features as possible whilst improving the looks, it's a real treat to drive.

Looks great hakan!

Cheers mate

Redrilled hubs and discs, now I have multi fitment (4x100 & 5x100)72038B87-8B2D-4089-AEB0-7F6D9D0081C0-280Looking forward to the big meet tomorrow :)

Skills. :shades: Pricey?

Skills. :shades: Pricey?

Not bad actually, the hubs were around £60 and the re-drill cost £40

The brake discs are the pricey part, unless you can drill them out while changing over, I just got extra ones

60 all in for hubs & discs? That's surprisingly affordable tbh! Did you get them done all round or just the rears?

60 all in for hubs & discs? That's surprisingly affordable tbh! Did you get them done all round or just the rears?

£60 was just for the two front hubs, just did the fronts. Haven't done the rears yet as they're not needed, the 15mm adapter makes them sit nicely under the arches.

I meant fronts :doh::lol: Still cheaper than adaptors eh & major OEM goodness tuck potential, winner.

What size bolts did you need for the 15mm adaptors? My fronts are 15mm & it's just the bolts i need to sort now. Any idea how deep the thread goes in the hubs? I'm thinking 40mm thread for the long bolts (45 for the 20mm adaptor rears) as I believe the standard bolts are about 23, hoping there's a bit of leeway as I'd rather my bolts be a bit long than a few mil short.

I meant fronts :doh::lol: Still cheaper than adaptors eh & major OEM goodness tuck potential, winner.

What size bolts did you need for the 15mm adaptors? My fronts are 15mm & it's just the bolts i need to sort now. Any idea how deep the thread goes in the hubs? I'm thinking 40mm thread for the long bolts (45 for the 20mm adaptor rears) as I believe the standard bolts are about 23, hoping there's a bit of leeway as I'd rather my bolts be a bit long than a few mil short.

If your just using spacers then you've got quite a bit of leeway, there's a lot of space behind those hubs so the longer bolts are fine.

The golden rule as to wether you've got long enough bolts is to make sure you get at least 7 full turns into the thread.

If using adapters then this is a different story, I had to make sure the bolts wern't going to foul the hub so I had to use 19mm ones in the end (the polo gti wheels have surprisingly little meat on them)

If your just using spacers then you've got quite a bit of leeway, there's a lot of space behind those hubs so the longer bolts are fine.The golden rule as to wether you've got long enough bolts is to make sure you get at least 7 full turns into the thread.

If using adapters then this is a different story, I had to make sure the bolts wern't going to foul the hub so I had to use 19mm ones in the end (the polo gti wheels have surprisingly little meat on them)

Yeah sorry its 5x100 adaptors I'm on about, that's really handy cheers for the info mucker :)

If I had a gti I would own your wheels,They look amazing!

Never thought this would work. I've been proven wrong, well done! :thumbsup:

Lovely! Wheels look so good on it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the awsome comments guys, wasn't sure about the wheels at first but now it's sitting right it looks loads better.

When I got my first lupo someone at work had a 9n3 GTI with the wee monzas on & i always thought they would go. They look especially great with it being a GTI, and I think they work really well with it being silver too. Perfect OEM+ styling, it could have rolled out of the factory like that yesterday.

Dude, where did you get 19mm wheels bolts from? I'm struggling to find anything under 21mm.

Lovely mate :shades:

• 1 month later...